Pattern Reviews> Patrones Magazine> 252-53 (Calvin Klein Dress)

Viewed 2068 times

Posted on:6/6/07 9:34 PM
Last Updated:7/24/07 1:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

megansimone said... (7/31/07 1:34 AM) Reply
I want that magazine! I love both your dresses! Brilliant!
Nancy K said... (7/30/07 1:53 PM) Reply
I love seeing your adventurous style. I like this new version a lot. Great use of complimentary fabrics!
Nancy K said... (7/30/07 1:52 PM) Reply
aunt saidee said... (7/27/07 3:09 AM) Reply
All I can add is: STUNNING!!!! Incredible work and wondrous results. You're having so much fun it ought to be illegal!
megp47 said... (7/26/07 6:50 AM) Reply
Fantastic fabric! What a find.
MissCelie said... (7/25/07 6:52 AM) Reply
double post
kiddo said... (7/24/07 11:27 PM) Reply
Fab dress!!!
greenmommie said... (7/24/07 11:19 PM) Reply
Those colors just pop on you! Love the dress
Karen6790 said... (7/24/07 10:23 PM) Reply
Love the fabric combination on this one - this is definitely a great pattern, it works well in both fabrics, which to me is always the proof. You're going to get your Greek shipping heir yet on this vacation!
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/24/07 10:22 PM) Reply
Two great looking dresses.
MissCelie said... (7/24/07 9:14 PM) Reply
Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.
sewbehind said... (7/24/07 6:18 PM) Reply
I love everything about this version. Cut, colour, fabric. It looks good on you!
Mufffet said... (7/24/07 5:04 PM) Reply
WOW...another great dress...I love the print one in the pic and maybe like it better than the pink! Who knows - both are lovely.
Leslie in Austin said... (7/24/07 5:03 PM) Reply
Like Cindy-Lou, my first reaction to your dress was oo oo oo oo OOOOO! How unfair that you got all the sewing-cleverness genes while the rest of us have to sit back in awe at your fabulosity.
cindy-lou said... (7/24/07 4:52 PM) Reply
OOOH! OOOH! two fab dresses. Gotta put 'em in the contest, girl!
lisaquilts said... (7/24/07 4:48 PM) Reply
Excellent! Just stunning!
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/24/07 2:59 PM) Reply
An old curtain!??! It is fab-u-lous!! You are going to be the best dressed girl in Greece!
VtMartha said... (7/24/07 2:54 PM) Reply
Wow! I like this one even better!
janella said... (7/5/07 4:09 PM) Reply
i want to come to a Cidell/nicegirl burrito&fabric shopping meet!... Let's do one in London :)
dingyadi said... (6/26/07 1:13 PM) Reply
that is lovely. You've done a fantastic job. You look fabulous in it. I've recently ordered my first Patrones magazine thru the internet so I'm interested in seeing what it is like.
fuzzygalore said... (6/8/07 3:35 AM) Reply
Wow! a fabulous copying job, a fabulous job putting it together (particularly like the lining the back), and fabulous results..
Karen6790 said... (6/7/07 11:12 PM) Reply
You look fabulous in pink! This is such a fun dress, and a great result for having such inscrutable instructions.
twistedangel said... (6/7/07 11:02 PM) Reply
WOW!! That turned out great!!
Soliel said... (6/7/07 9:35 PM) Reply
Interesting....very chic!
carolynw said... (6/7/07 7:16 PM) Reply
I love this dress and I can see it really took you some time to figure it out - but I would say it was well worth it!
bunz said... (6/7/07 6:52 PM) Reply
Gor-jass!!
Puddin Pop said... (6/7/07 5:08 PM) Reply
I love the dress and it looks a great deal like the one you were copying, except on her the straps are attached further back. When I saw it with the shrug, you look like a million bucks.
christine A said... (6/7/07 3:36 PM) Reply
Wow how cute. It looks very comfortable too. You must have huge closets cause you sure sew up a storm! And everything is so cute!
akazukinchan said... (6/7/07 1:49 PM) Reply
I just love the comparison shot. Thanks to your review I want to check out these Patrones magazines.
mochalover said... (6/7/07 11:38 AM) Reply
Nicegirl I'm sure you felt like a million bucks because you definitely looked like it. Your dress is amazing!!!
OP Gal said... (6/7/07 10:52 AM) Reply
Wonderful review. Thanks for all the details. You look as fabulous as the model in your dress. Your "perpetual singleness" is truly a mystery. With your sense of humor, sense of style and beauty, you're sure to be stitching up that wedding dress soon!
Levone said... (6/7/07 10:06 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and great review!
AnneM said... (6/7/07 9:42 AM) Reply
You really are too cute. Great job on your review! Great finished outfit for the party. You definitely live a different lifestyle than I do; people I know wear jeans to birthday parties. I like your outfit much better.
cindy-lou said... (6/7/07 8:56 AM) Reply
Now, THAT'S a dress! Wowsie-wow. Part of its beauty is that it looks deceptively simple-- but it's not (as your review illustrates beautifully). Yes, you've gotta wear that one again. And again. (BTW, I bet at the party, single YOU walked in and all the married guys stared, mouths agape, and all their wives got secretly pi**ed that you looked so hot...) ;)
JuliaS said... (6/7/07 8:32 AM) Reply
LOL! I love your shot with the magazine picture. :) This turned out really fantastic.
MelissaB in WA said... (6/7/07 8:31 AM) Reply
I love reading your reviews! The dress is gorgeous and your comparison picture was so fun - great modeling job! ;-) You're not going to be single for long wearing that "million dollar" dress - thanks for the fun and informative review! :-)
EveS said... (6/7/07 8:21 AM) Reply
Good grief, I sometimes have a hard time deciphering ENGLISH directions!!! Very breezy, pretty...and mysterious!! ;)
Sic said... (6/7/07 7:47 AM) Reply
Nice work! The color is stunning on you!
HenriettenDK said... (6/7/07 4:43 AM) Reply
I doubt you'll be able to stay single for long with that dress and that sense of humor...Love the pic, you look better than the original!
yorkshire lass said... (6/7/07 3:26 AM) Reply
Wow, what a wonderful dress. Thanks for the very thorough review. Your dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you, love the colour.
Lisa Merry said... (6/7/07 0:52 AM) Reply
Wow, your dress is so pretty and ethereal and the comparison shot is great! Haha, I think you succeeded in making your singleness a great mystery!!
Seaspur said... (6/7/07 0:34 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress, fantastic review!
Sew4Fun said... (6/6/07 11:18 PM) Reply
Fab dress! You looked a million dollars all dolled up. :)
MissCelie said... (6/6/07 9:55 PM) Reply
Ummm, I hope you'll translate my blouse for me. Si? Maybe I need to throw a dress-up party, you can schlep to Baltimore and wear your amazing dress. Or, you can *give* me your dress and I'll wear it all over town. Even to Giant.

Christine Jonson Fitted Jacket