Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4914 (Maggy London Dress)

Viewed 1923 times

Last Updated:6/7/07 5:42 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
Aunt Gail said... (8/8/08 3:48 AM) Reply
Everybody and their sister seems to have drawn a lot of inspiration from your coverage of what all you did for the dress pattern. Please count me as one of them. I've bought my "muslin" poly knit and with your experience/encouragement - I['m going to try it!
Legal.Dealer said... (8/6/08 2:40 PM) Reply

ariesluv4u said... (10/10/07 9:31 PM) Reply
This looks great on you. I love the print. I reminds me of fall and the leaves getting ready to fall.
AnneM said... (7/6/07 7:46 PM) Reply
Hey, I have this pattern! Great job, again, on fit. I think the shirring if flatering on you. Great shoes for the dress, also.
SewTwin said... (6/27/07 2:51 AM) Reply
Whoa, wait! How can you have be that small from the waist down, and that "well endowed" from the waist up..Sorry, as md DS said, I was at the end of the line on boobs. This is def a "Parrty Envy Dress". I like your idea on powernet, support without the girdle!,.I will try that on some of mine!Oh, the shoes are a great match..
CynthiaSue said... (6/14/07 10:38 PM) Reply
You did a great job. Looks beautiful! Very nice fit.
Heatherrique said... (6/10/07 11:12 AM) Reply
First look, wow.....you're a knockout! You look fabulous in your new dress! Nice colors and super fit! Wow again!
Charlene McGill said... (6/9/07 1:32 PM) Reply
You did an excellent job fitting yourself. The dress is cut and fits you well. I'm a FF girl and always been afraid to wear my arms out.
maryfrana said... (6/9/07 10:40 AM) Reply
This looks fabulous. Love the fabric.
Melody said... (6/8/07 9:32 PM) Reply
You guys are so nice, I like the dress, I'll give it a shot, I have a party to go to next week and this is the top contender. Coolobreeze, unfortunately that fabric is completely unavailable but there's good stuff coming in all the time and who knows it may pop up again.
nicegirl said... (6/8/07 6:55 PM) Reply
I think you're being too hard on yourself here. You look fantastic!
crisford said... (6/8/07 3:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Love the print and it looks comfortable... I hope you will decide to wear it-- you look wonderful!
angie.a said... (6/8/07 10:43 AM) Reply
Love it! "I left off the sleeve, because it's hot outside." Hehe...that cracked me up ;) I have this pattern too...now I'm more motivated to sew it up! Looks great!
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/8/07 10:35 AM) Reply
You absolutely ROCK that dress!
coolobreeze said... (6/8/07 10:05 AM) Reply
Very pretty, Melody. Do you know whether Fashionista Fabrics will be re-stocking this fabric?
artist1lisa said... (6/8/07 9:59 AM) Reply
This dress is fantastic.You did a wonderful job with the fitting.The fabric chioce is very flattering.You go ,girl.
Beve said... (6/8/07 9:56 AM) Reply
Great looking dress. Wonderful match of pattern and fabric and very becoming to you!
Levone said... (6/8/07 9:49 AM) Reply
Pretty dress and fabric. Beautiful fabrics, BTW......I checked out your site. :-).
Lovestosew said... (6/8/07 6:47 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I was planning on making this dress, but after seeing it done, I'm not so sure. I think the whole thing would have worked if the skirt had more volume. Just a thought. Thanks again.
Suesews said... (6/8/07 3:56 AM) Reply
Absolutely fantastic!
fuzzygalore said... (6/8/07 3:21 AM) Reply
Good idea on the powernet, and you did improve it a lot by taking it in. Wait a bit, I think this one will grow on you because you do look fabulous in it :-).
Debbie Cook said... (6/7/07 11:54 PM) Reply
Melody, the dress looks GREAT! Don't be uncomfortable, wear it and look fabulous!
Soliel said... (6/7/07 9:31 PM) Reply
Thank you for the excellent review. I am glad you have such a loving husband.
Lynnelle said... (6/7/07 9:14 PM) Reply
Melody you did an awesome job. That dress looks fabulous on you. You sew girl!
Sew4Fun said... (6/7/07 7:57 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! I like your idea of using powernet for the midriff section.
zinnia said... (6/7/07 7:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
KiwiWendy said... (6/7/07 7:50 PM) Reply
gorgeous dress, and you look great!
Vonnevo said... (6/7/07 7:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful Melody :)))
PegL said... (6/7/07 7:11 PM) Reply
I commented on your blog but I'll say again here -- your dress looks wonderful!
carolynw said... (6/7/07 7:08 PM) Reply
Nice dress - love the idea of additional "core" support - think I need that for sure!
causticmuse said... (6/7/07 6:47 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, too, and plan on making it sometime this summer. Thanks for writing such a thorough review. I hope mine comes out half as well as yours!
purpleseamstress said... (6/7/07 6:28 PM) Reply
This dress looks awesome of you!
lilyofthevalley said... (6/7/07 6:24 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! I don't think at all that it looks too rectangular on you. Quite the contrary. You look shapely and sexy - enough so that you might bear some discomfort now and then to look so fabulous!
Eia said... (6/7/07 6:21 PM) Reply
This dress looks wonderful on you. Excellent job of fitting.
said... (6/7/07 5:45 PM) Reply
I enjoyed your review and I absolutely love the fabric.
Lisa Laree said... (6/7/07 5:35 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job fitting this dress! But I understand the comfort thing...doesn't matter how great it looks, if you don't *feel* comfortable, it hangs in the closet... Still, great job!

by: emilythecr...