Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4032 (Misses Jacket and Vest)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:6/7/07 9:43 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Hilary said... (11/21/10 5:27 PM) Reply
I LOVE your jacket!! Great fabric choice, it looks wonderful. Thanks for all the tips!
fran mc said... (11/13/07 1:36 AM) Reply
I appreciate the amount of detail about everything that needed to be altered and how it was done.
AnneM said... (7/6/07 7:53 PM) Reply
I'm looking at that picture thinking, that can't be polarfleece! And it isn't. Beautiful. Great job on your alterations.
MareeAlison said... (6/13/07 4:27 AM) Reply
Great review and jacket Belinda.
LiZ said... (6/12/07 5:44 PM) Reply
Belinda, your jacket turned out lovely after all your alteratins.
CherylStillSews said... (6/12/07 0:52 AM) Reply
Great jacket - love the colour!
Karine said... (6/11/07 10:48 AM) Reply
I'm glad you perservered in spite of your dislikes with the pattern - your end product is lovely. I love the overlocked edges. Nice touch!
Schnauzer said... (6/10/07 7:21 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket Belinda!
Puddin Pop said... (6/10/07 5:21 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beauty, inside and out. Gorgeous. I love the collar.
Jane S said... (6/9/07 9:30 AM) Reply
Wow, this jacket looks wonderful. Thanks for such a useful review. I've loved the lines and that flounce but I think I'm better off redrafting a TNT fited jacket pattern with these elemens than tackling this pattern after all. I admire our perserverance as well as that great result.
2BSewing said... (6/8/07 9:08 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. Love the color and the overlocking around the edge. Nice review.
Nancywin said... (6/8/07 8:54 PM) Reply
WOW! Great looking jacket. It is so frustrating to have to make that many alterations. Also, I have found that with Simplicity, I'm often better off to go by my underbust measurement and the do the FBA. Thanks for the warning - but you got great results.
Carolyndh said... (6/8/07 1:42 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful! I love the details you added with the new collar shape and how you molded the fabric so-to-speak to take the curves of the flounce. The color of the fabric is beautiful as well.
moss said... (6/8/07 12:47 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for reviewing this! I have the pattern but I don't really want to sew it in fleece and I am not sure what else to sew it in (I don't have serger).. So it is nice to see ideas. :)
Erica B. said... (6/8/07 11:35 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket! I love how you did the edges with the Madeira thread.
MelissaB in WA said... (6/8/07 10:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket Belinda!
Beve said... (6/8/07 9:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! Lovely jacket--and better than RTW!
cindyann said... (6/8/07 8:50 AM) Reply
Wow, I think it's wonderful. Love the color.
ryan's mom said... (6/8/07 7:05 AM) Reply
Wow! A beautiful jacket and much better than the pattern photos too. Your jacket is so impressive, but those pattern photos are a snooze. Time for a photo swap on that pattern :) .
Danvillegirl said... (6/8/07 6:58 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket.
brrmm said... (6/8/07 6:50 AM) Reply
Looks fabulous and well worth all the effort.
Vonnevo said... (6/8/07 3:05 AM) Reply
Superb in every way Belinda ! It reminds me of a similar imported from Germany, jacket, I spotted while snoop shopping in Noosa.
Zaneta said... (6/8/07 1:59 AM) Reply
Wow..this is a gorgeous jacket!
Ann Smith said... (6/8/07 0:48 AM) Reply
Very beautiful end result. Too bad it takes so much to get there sometimes but we will all benefit from your experience. Great review.
hongkongshopper said... (6/8/07 0:36 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Much nicer than the Woolies polar fleece jacket I have on at the moment to keep me warm!
jewelea said... (6/8/07 0:34 AM) Reply
An excellent review and a very attractive jacket.
Debbie Cook said... (6/7/07 11:55 PM) Reply
Fabtabulous jacket!! I've been looking forward to seeing it finished and you don't disappoint (as usual).
Lori V said... (6/7/07 11:07 PM) Reply
Once again a beautiful garment, Belinda. Thanks for the very helpful review.
creative1 said... (6/7/07 10:24 PM) Reply
Thanks, Belinda, for your review! Love your jacket. I've been eyeing this pattern for quiet a while. There is a Simplicity pattern sale at Spotlight at the moment. I'm off to the shop.
sewbehind said... (6/7/07 10:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful. I like your overlocked edges.
Lunar_C said... (6/7/07 10:00 PM) Reply
It still looks like a lovely jacket so even though you wouldn't recommend....I've got this one already : ( I'll take your alteration advice onboard when I attempt my jacket. Thanks

Fashion in Harmony 1001