Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3417 (Bikini w/ no sew option)

Reviewed by:LauraAnn12

About LauraAnn12
Member since: 6/14/06
Posted on:6/8/07 8:50 PM
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear

KaraKai said... (6/9/07 5:18 PM) Reply
I never noticed this pattern before and will have to pick it up. My DD is bugging me to make her a swimsuit, but honestly, I'm slightly intimidated. This sounds like a great place to start. Thanks for the review. The suit is adorable.
Leslie in NZ said... (6/9/07 5:12 PM) Reply
What a great swim suit. I have a teenage daughter also, but have been intimidated by swim suit patterns. This one looks doable, though. Thanks for the review.
jessika said... (6/9/07 1:22 PM) Reply
Very cute and what a great style. She looks very pleased. Wow mom you pleased a teen.
LauraAnn12 said... (6/9/07 11:58 AM) Reply
hiya fuzzy~ I did use a ball point needle! I used the appropriate needles in both my serger and my regular machine. I wasn't sure how the needle would work with the weird elastic, but it did just fine. Maybe clear elastic isn't meant to be sewn at all, just encased? I tested it afterwards, and she practicaly hasn't even taken it off....the elastic didn't rip where it was sewn! Mysteries.... :)
fuzzygalore said... (6/9/07 3:45 AM) Reply
Very cute, and you're right it's an excellent option to have a practically no-sew version to encourage the young :-). Swimsuits are almost always cut 'sideways' since stretch usually is along the length, and stretch in this case must go around the body. It's ok, it usually saves fabric :-). And you really should use a ballpoint needle with these fabrics - I can testify that if you don't you'll pretty quickly get runs in the fabric everywhere it's been punctured by the needle :-(. But don't worry, it'll last long enough for her to want another and get to it..
Cristina_TC said... (6/9/07 2:55 AM) Reply
How beautiful! Compliments!
mendospot said... (6/9/07 1:46 AM) Reply
Oh, there was a time when I would have worn that. Soooo cute!

Contest Mini Wardrobe 2013