Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4976 (Dress)

Reviewed by:Karla Kizer

About Karla Kizerstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:6/10/07 7:28 PM
Last Updated:6/10/07 7:34 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 41 people

dreamdesigner said... (11/30/08 1:05 AM) Reply
Okay, just saw your award for "Funniest Reviews" (or something like that), and although I'm sure I've read review by you before, I'll have to remember to read one every time I need a good laugh. Thaks Carla! Oh, and cute dress too! I also have a 20-something dd.
newlywedws said... (9/17/08 1:01 AM) Reply
I cracked up at your "generic designer label" too cute! Gorgeous dress
Meredith P said... (6/24/07 8:06 PM) Reply
Love your review and the dress! Putting it on my wishlist...
sherri2sew said... (6/24/07 4:41 PM) Reply
Not sure I've heard of that designer - Generic? Is she French?
potter said... (6/23/07 9:26 PM) Reply
This couldn't be any cuter! Great job - wonderful review. (pssssst....who doesn't like a quickie now and then?)
PhyllisC said... (6/23/07 1:38 PM) Reply
Karla - you understand surrealism as well as Elsa Schiaparelli! I think this review qualities as performance art. And the dress is stunning too!
Modiste Madness said... (6/23/07 1:27 PM) Reply
Love the color combo and your wonderful job on construction. Please post you extremely modified patterns for review. I bet we would all learn a lot from them.
candyo said... (6/14/07 9:40 PM) Reply
You are a riot!! We need to hang out sometime! That was so entertaining, and your label had me laughing out loud. thank you! Oh and I love the dress!
Debbie Cook said... (6/12/07 10:09 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress! I love the color combination. It's so nice to see a review from you Karla (hint, hint!!).
Tesla121 said... (6/11/07 9:53 PM) Reply
great review and the dress is lovely!
Karla Kizer said... (6/11/07 8:16 PM) Reply
You have me feeling overwhelmed by all your nice comments. Thank you for the positive feedback; I had forgotten how much fun it is to get "atta-boys" for doing something I love to do.
Deepika said... (6/11/07 7:47 PM) Reply
Lovely dress and awesome review (as always!)
Vivienne said... (6/11/07 5:13 PM) Reply
I'm sure that pretty dress will be well worth a few racing hearts, even to the elderly gents at the hospital!
carolynw said... (6/11/07 4:56 PM) Reply
Love your review - you havesuch a way with words I was laughing. The dress looks wonderful and I am sure DD loves it - now hope not to read of an Angel of Death nurse!!
Katharine in BXL said... (6/11/07 4:03 PM) Reply
Yowza! An outrageous success, it's gorgeous, fabulous... The color combo is killer. Last year? Say it ain't so! It's a classic combo. What a fab pattern too for fitting so well OOTB (envelope) and resuscitating long-lost stash.
Birgitte said... (6/11/07 3:12 PM) Reply
Fabulous! And funny... and informative! I love the piping, time and effort well spent.
ryan's mom said... (6/11/07 2:29 PM) Reply
What an absolutely lovely (although I hope not heartstopping :) ) dress!!!
Linda G said... (6/11/07 12:56 PM) Reply
Great dress and wonderful review.
Luckylibbet said... (6/11/07 12:50 PM) Reply
You get the Oscar for funniest review! Great job on the dress. Do you make DD reciprocate with favors for you?
slanden99 said... (6/11/07 12:18 PM) Reply
Very sharp-looking dress! I love the contrast piping.
Heatherrique said... (6/11/07 12:08 PM) Reply
Stunning dress! Great job, Karla!
Hilary said... (6/11/07 9:23 AM) Reply
LOL-What a *great* review Karla!! I love the "generic designer label" ROFLOL!! You did a BEAUTIFUL job on this!! Lovely dress, and very entertaining review :o)
cindyann said... (6/11/07 9:03 AM) Reply
I love the color combination. I'm sure your daughter is thrilled. Thanks for the wonderfully written review.
MelissaB in WA said... (6/11/07 8:35 AM) Reply
Oh Karla, your review is a hoot! I absolutely LOVE the dress! The color combination is so striking and your DD is one lucky gal - will you adopt me???? This looks like an awesome pattern!
GorgeousFabrics said... (6/11/07 8:31 AM) Reply
That looks fabulous! Very Kara Janx. And hey, cheap fabric isn't necessarily expensive, and I've seen lots of expensive fabrics that are cheap! :) -Ann
AnneM said... (6/11/07 8:04 AM) Reply
If she gets tired of it, I'm certain you would have some takers on PR for other versions. Great dress. Love the label.
LauraM62 said... (6/11/07 7:33 AM) Reply
Cute dress, great review! Definately have to add this pattern to my wish list!
Peggy L said... (6/11/07 7:14 AM) Reply
After all the other comments - what can I say? Ditto, Ditto! I'll have to get this pattern for my DD.
Danvillegirl said... (6/11/07 6:34 AM) Reply
This review has made my day! Love your humour. Great looking dress.
Mel.J said... (6/11/07 3:37 AM) Reply
I love this dress!
Sew4Fun said... (6/11/07 2:57 AM) Reply
Karla, nice dress. I love this pattern so I wish it would hurry up and hit the pattern books here so I can buy it. It's also nice to see you write a review. It's been a while been reviews!
Marita Kinnula said... (6/11/07 1:46 AM) Reply
Hey Karla, great review,lucky DD.Love the color combo too. What a great person the entertainmet world has missed with you, you always make me crack, LOL!!!! Marita
Leora said... (6/11/07 1:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
gaby said... (6/11/07 1:04 AM) Reply
WOW, that's so pretty!! Love the color contrast.
Maychi said... (6/10/07 11:56 PM) Reply
Wonderful dress! Your DD is very lucky. Thanks for a wonderful and entertaining review!
cmarie12 said... (6/10/07 11:44 PM) Reply
Great dress and great review!
Lori V said... (6/10/07 11:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, I can see why your dd was so impressed. Thanks for the entertaining review.
angie.a said... (6/10/07 11:11 PM) Reply
Bwahahaha...Great dress, but SUPER review!
Kay Y said... (6/10/07 11:10 PM) Reply
What more can I say? I agree with all the others and would love to see more of your sliced-n-diced reviews, because you are funny! You could make $$ selling us those labels too.
Leslie in Austin said... (6/10/07 9:34 PM) Reply
OMG Karla, that dress is gorgeous and your review a hoot. "So Last Year" or no, I love the color combo and the piping is the *perfect* touch. And that label!! WAH!!!!
KitnRose said... (6/10/07 9:32 PM) Reply
Hot! Yeah, those gentlement better worry when your DD comes around ... ah, well, they'll die happy. :)
BeckyC said... (6/10/07 9:30 PM) Reply
Thank you for the entertaining review Karla! Your DD dress is beautiful, I love the color combination and your label!
Vonnevo said... (6/10/07 9:26 PM) Reply
Fabulous everything Karla ! Loved seeing a review from you - and a great one too !
sewbehind said... (6/10/07 9:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Loved the review, but was a wee bit confused about the part where it said, "...the darts were perfectly positioned and sized for my DD." I thought, Whoa, don't have to do a FBA, when it finally dawned on me. Oh well... The review was a hoot.
coolobreeze said... (6/10/07 9:18 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! ... and what a brilliantly written review.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (6/10/07 9:15 PM) Reply
Love the dress, got a giggle out of the review, thanks Karla, brilliant and entertaining!
MissCelie said... (6/10/07 9:10 PM) Reply
Ok. This is about the funniest thing I've read on patternreview and just an adorable dress.
cboots said... (6/10/07 8:56 PM) Reply
Great dress; hilarious review, especially the part about the label. Lucky DD!
Melody said... (6/10/07 8:51 PM) Reply
Wow a Karla review! How fun is that? I love the dress it's absolutely beautiful and it's on my cutting table for immediate consideration. I love your review, pure Karla through and through.
beangirl said... (6/10/07 8:46 PM) Reply
wow, it's so CUTE! I just picked this up to send to the lovely Katharine in Belgium and had some sort of seizure while at the store and bought one for myself too. Er. So I'm so glad to see it on a normal sized person before I destroy mine with multiple cuts and slashes in an attempt to make it magically look like yours when I put in on my DTD. Oh yeah, ETA that I definitnely need some of those tags.
Enid E said... (6/10/07 8:46 PM) Reply
Very nice....nice color combinations...
mochalover said... (6/10/07 8:34 PM) Reply
Love the dress and your review! Thanks Karla.
Erica B. said... (6/10/07 8:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
EveS said... (6/10/07 8:31 PM) Reply
I NEEEED this pattern, esp now that I've seen yours made up. Rockin' good dress!!! Thanks for the usual review fun! I gotta get some of those itchy tags...they're PERFECT! :)
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/10/07 8:28 PM) Reply
Jeepers!! I'm even laughing with your Pattern Review!! Can I be adopted?? Your DD is l-u-c-k-y!! Make one fer yerself, 2 eh!!
Levone said... (6/10/07 8:23 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! Great score on the fabric.
touran said... (6/10/07 8:17 PM) Reply
Karla - that's beautiful. Lucky DD. I'm really happy to see reviews from you! And it's a great review to boot.
ndesimon said... (6/10/07 7:59 PM) Reply
whoop whoop whoooooop! AB FAB!
SandraB said... (6/10/07 7:55 PM) Reply
Karla, I almost fell off the bed laughing. Thanks for a great review. The dress looks lovely.
Stacy Sews said... (6/10/07 7:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress - and of course, wonderful review!
causticmuse said... (6/10/07 7:51 PM) Reply
Love the dress and the review! And I think the colors are perfect. (Hurray for $1 bargain fabrics that look like a million bucks when you are done!)
Zaneta said... (6/10/07 7:42 PM) Reply
LOVE, LOVE everything about this dress..colour/style/piping just beautiful!
CarolynGM said... (6/10/07 7:40 PM) Reply
What a rare treat indeed -- a review from Karla Kizer! Clever idea to make your own elasticized piping -- I'll try that next time I make anything with a wrap or crossover front. Funny and informative review.
BjP said... (6/10/07 7:39 PM) Reply
Wow....great looking dress in wonderful colors! And, loved your label! Nice to see a review from you again! :)
CSM--Carla said... (6/10/07 7:38 PM) Reply
Thank you Karla for this thorough and entertaining review! I bought this pattern immediately from your description on the boards. Love the idea of skipping the zipper again--(I took your advice in this regard with the Soho pants also). Darling dress with the color combo! Thanks again. Carla

by: katski

by: sovanisa

Christine Jonson Three Tees

Christine Jonson Three Tees

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)