Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6487 (Misses Lined Jackets)

Reviewed by:Pinkytoo

About Pinkytoostarstarstar
NV USA
Member since: 6/23/06
Posted on:6/11/07 0:59 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
AnneM said... (6/17/07 8:15 PM) Reply
Well, it looks cute. The pattern line drawing does show some shaping, so I can see why you expected that. I've not had much luck w/ New Look patterns for me either.
Sewingmi said... (6/12/07 7:15 PM) Reply
Well, it sure looks cute and nicely sewn! Sorry you didn't like it, but it really looks nice.
Nancy K said... (6/12/07 12:50 PM) Reply
It does look cute on the envelope. The princess seams make me think that it will be at least semi fitted. As for the lining pattern, I always just make one following my pattern after I make my alterations. Much easier than altering the lining pattern too. I use Cecelia Podolok's instructions in her Guide to easy Jackets book. It looks pretty on the hanger!
Jane S said... (6/12/07 11:05 AM) Reply
Boy, do I understand your frustration. I love New Look pics but have had no success fitting them on my body. Too much effort when there are so many other patterns out there!
Karine said... (6/12/07 9:26 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review of this pattern. You may have saved many of us a lot a grief! Your jacket sure looks nice on the hanger. The braid is a nice touch, even if not originally intended.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (6/11/07 12:00 PM) Reply
Sorry it didnt come thru for you...sure love the sunny fabric and braid trim though!
marthamyers said... (6/11/07 9:47 AM) Reply
Thanks for sharing your results. I think the jacket looks cute in your picture. I haven't used New Look and will be wary. I look forward to watching your SWAP come together.
Siriusmom said... (6/11/07 9:16 AM) Reply
I had all the same problems with this pattern. I thought maybe it was just me having fitting problems with New Look (again), but apparently not. I recut the lining, making a facing instead of a yoke, and put in a pleat for wearing ease but it is still not very comfortable.
jeanbluecat said... (6/11/07 7:40 AM) Reply
Sorry that it didn't work out for you. It looks like you did a good job on it though.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122