Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5007 (Miss/Miss Lines Jackets)

Reviewed by:ryan's mom

About ryan's momstarstarstar
Member since: 11/30/04
Posted on:6/11/07 11:41 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Other Projects by ryan's mom using this Pattern

Sew*Confused*Jo said... (8/24/07 11:00 AM) Reply
Wow! You've sold me on this pattern. You look great in the mini BTW, but if you don't like your legs, tights are really in right now.
Mufffet said... (6/24/07 6:18 PM) Reply
WOW....great looking pattern on you and great fitting job!
hongkongshopper said... (6/20/07 11:59 PM) Reply
Wow, you have really worked this pattern. I think I like this version the best!
AnneM said... (6/17/07 8:09 PM) Reply

AnneM said... (6/17/07 7:22 PM) Reply
Pretty jacket, very nice fabric. (Just try getting in & out of a car with that skirt, though. ;) ) The jacket is a great style for you, & works very well in your fabric.
Leslie Bonner said... (6/12/07 7:01 PM) Reply
Great looking outfit. I've made this pattern three times myself and love it.
Marji said... (6/12/07 5:10 PM) Reply
What a cute suit and a really novel fabric for this jacket. I think it works really well. I also think this looks like it fits you best. If the skirt is really uncomfortably short to wear you could consider adding a yoke too.
nicegirl said... (6/12/07 2:29 PM) Reply
That looks great! And it's not like you're venturing into Ally McBeal territory with the those were short skirts!
ryan's mom said... (6/12/07 7:00 AM) Reply
Gosh, you ladies are all so nice!!! Thanks for the lovely comments.
Helen near Sydney said... (6/12/07 5:57 AM) Reply
Wow, look at them legs! I mean, I'm sure the jacket's nice too, but hey! look at them legs!
Danvillegirl said... (6/12/07 5:38 AM) Reply
You have truly perfected this jacket. I think you look great in the outfit and wear it well.
krystalkaes said... (6/12/07 0:43 AM) Reply
Nice! :-)
lmg said... (6/11/07 11:30 PM) Reply
Gorgeous outfit! Wear it with the mini....this outfit begs to be photographed at an art show for a fashion magazine.
Tiner W said... (6/11/07 9:34 PM) Reply
You look fabulous! I think your hubby needs to take you somewhere in this!
Schnauzer said... (6/11/07 9:22 PM) Reply
Kathy-you look fantastic in this! What a gorgeous outfit!
Anne S said... (6/11/07 8:14 PM) Reply
Great outfit. Even love the mini skirt. You wear it well. I have this pattern and it is aging as we speak. I think I will try to get to it in the next month or so. You have inspired me. Thanks for the great review
EveS said... (6/11/07 8:06 PM) Reply
Great outfit!!! I just love the colors! And I think the skirt looks fabulous on you, no matter what the resolution! Wear it proudly!!
Sew4Fun said... (6/11/07 7:53 PM) Reply
Fab jacket. I love the touch of gold.
Vonnevo said... (6/11/07 7:14 PM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous Kathy !!!! You look gorgeous ! Thanks for a V Helpful review.
carolynw said... (6/11/07 4:43 PM) Reply
You look ready to walk down the runway - absolutely fab and if I looked like you in a mini I would be out the door in a flash!!
slanden99 said... (6/11/07 3:46 PM) Reply
Very classy jacket. It looks great with the skirt, but can also be worn with a longer purple or gold skirt/pants too.
Vivienne said... (6/11/07 3:01 PM) Reply
I love this - it is modern and vintage looking (50's and 90's!) all at the same time. The purple colour is very dramatic against your pale hair.
Sport said... (6/11/07 2:29 PM) Reply
Well done! You look great in this suit! The rayon thread is pretty - I've never worked with it but think it's time to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.
Sewliz said... (6/11/07 2:08 PM) Reply
Great outfit, I love it! I've always liked minis although I don't wear them anymore. Maybe you could add a contrast band at the hem for a few inches more length? The jacket and skirt are such a cute outfit, it would be nice if you could wear them together comfortably.
Carolyndh said... (6/11/07 1:42 PM) Reply
Very nice! You have the figure to wear it!
Re Becca said... (6/11/07 1:39 PM) Reply
Very, very cute. I love the fabric. I have been debating this pattern, and yours looks so cute.
Cecile Owens said... (6/11/07 1:12 PM) Reply
Very nice and extremely attractive on you. I hope you get to wear the mini somewhere. It looks so nice on you. I will be going to your other reviews on this jacket to check out your adjustments. I have this pattern and I think I need the same adjustment you mention (and the FBA). Thanks.
Cecile Owens said... (6/11/07 1:11 PM) Reply
didda said... (6/11/07 1:04 PM) Reply
you go girl! you can definitely wear that skirt. your legs look much better than mine, and i still wear a mini occasionally to go out dancing. and i think i am a few years older than you, so go for it! the outfit looks great on you.
Heatherrique said... (6/11/07 12:20 PM) Reply
At first look, wow! You definitely belong on the cover of Bazaar! Very pretty ensemble and as for the mini skirt, if you got it, flaunt it! Alluring, yet still classy!
The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

All About Linings
All About Linings

by: JillyBe

My Image Magazine M1161

by: Kathhhhhy

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

My Favorite Duffle Bag Paper Pattern