Pattern Reviews> Brown Paper Patterns> 1023 (Basic Shell)

Reviewed by:LauraLo

About LauraLostarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/25/06
Posted on:6/13/07 10:28 AM
Last Updated:6/13/07 10:31 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
Sonerila said... (4/5/12 5:05 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous! You're very talented and creative.
SewTwin said... (7/4/07 2:16 PM) Reply
***Worth 3 "stars". Def TNT, and unusual.Yes, you could morph this to a gypsy blouse, or organza, or whatever!We all need one of these sewing image bolsters every once in a while to survive the wadders. Very vintage, but new...
AnneM said... (6/16/07 4:29 PM) Reply
Pretty top. I agree - get a good base pattern & you can take it places. Congrats on the French Seams. Great use of your pretty fabric.
LauraLo said... (6/14/07 8:47 AM) Reply
Wow, thank you everybody for your awfully nice comments! It's impressive and very encouraging to receive such positive feedback. I think the sewing community is a very supportive and friendly one. My husband says it is because it's made up mostly of women :) He might have a point here. To answer some questions: PattiU - this blouse is a bit older, I made it in March I think for the TimmelFabrics SWAP. Membear: yes, the satin skirt is embroidered by hand. I don't have an embroidery machine, usually I use the decorative stitches on my brother nx-400, but this time I wanted to "revive" my embroidery knowledge... Thanks very much everybody, I feel really happy reading your comments. LauraLo
Nancy K said... (6/14/07 7:25 AM) Reply
I am continually impressed with your workmanship. This blouse is just beautiful. Thanks for the great review. It is great to see young women who sew and sew well.
LauraM62 said... (6/14/07 6:35 AM) Reply
You English is always fine! The blouse is just beautiful as all your work! Very, very pretty!
hongkongshopper said... (6/14/07 6:31 AM) Reply
I remember making a white long sleeve blouse with lace like yours way, way back.....in the 70's or 80's. Yours is much nicer!
Tany said... (6/14/07 4:13 AM) Reply
Lovely!
Membear said... (6/13/07 8:12 PM) Reply
lovely and I thought you were a native English speaker living in Romania so dont worry about that you are very good.Your blouse is lovely as are the other garments I was wondering did youdo the embroidery on the satin skirt by hand or on the machine?
Mary Stiefer said... (6/13/07 6:46 PM) Reply
Very feminine.
PattyU said... (6/13/07 5:25 PM) Reply
Are you entering this into the one pattern different looks contest? You should. It's beautiful.
CarolynGM said... (6/13/07 5:07 PM) Reply
What a knockout of a blouse.
Luckie Kay Locke said... (6/13/07 5:04 PM) Reply
beautiful!!! I know you will enjoy wearing it again and again "for the very first time. thanks for sharing. lkl
Lori V said... (6/13/07 3:53 PM) Reply
Very pretty.
Nancywin said... (6/13/07 3:33 PM) Reply
very, very pretty blouse. What a nice job you did!
Sanibelle said... (6/13/07 1:46 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, too, and I love it, but you really turned it into something very special. Brava!
Linda G said... (6/13/07 12:53 PM) Reply
You did an awesome job of fine heritage type sewing.
Seaspur said... (6/13/07 12:39 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I've had this pattern for years but never tried it. You've inspired me to dig it out, thanks.
colormefun said... (6/13/07 12:33 PM) Reply
wow.
nicegirl said... (6/13/07 12:24 PM) Reply
Very pretty and classic. I like the sleeve treatment. May need to, uh, "borrow" that.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (6/13/07 11:45 AM) Reply
Lovely!
Erica B. said... (6/13/07 11:42 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse!
yorkshire lass said... (6/13/07 11:29 AM) Reply
Really pretty top. Love the lace and trim.
Puppy said... (6/13/07 11:25 AM) Reply
Satin, lace and sheer fabric...very lovely and well done.
bunz said... (6/13/07 11:11 AM) Reply
Wowza!
Rustybobn said... (6/13/07 11:04 AM) Reply
So pretty! Thanks for the detailed review.
Re Becca said... (6/13/07 11:00 AM) Reply
You did a great job taking a simple design and making it WOW!
cindyann said... (6/13/07 10:51 AM) Reply
That is so lovely! I love heirloom sewing and I've always wanted to try it. Your blouse is inspiring.
latebloomer said... (6/13/07 10:46 AM) Reply
Very pretty. You are truly an accomplished sewer and I love all the embellishments and embroidery on your creations.
Peggy L said... (6/13/07 10:43 AM) Reply
Beautiful! The lace is very pretty.
RMJ said... (6/13/07 10:36 AM) Reply