Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6466 (Dressy Camisole - View E)

Reviewed by:Bonnie O

About Bonnie Ostarstar
OH USA
Member since: 4/28/07
Posted on:6/17/07 6:22 PM
Last Updated:6/17/07 6:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Mazzygirl said... (4/29/10 1:04 AM) Reply
Lovely top on you, despite all the hassles. I always look at the measurements printed on the pattern to determine the best size to make, & tissue fit if I'm still in doubt (this helps to avoid any sizing disasters). I've made this top successfully, same style that you made & just love it. I found 2 fabrics that were the same print only reversed in colours, so used them to make it up, & it looked fantastic. as I put on weight it sadly ended up getting sold on ebay for much more than what it originally cost me to make! now, several years later, I plan to make another one (larger size obviously) as I loved it so much.
SoVintage said... (5/27/09 6:05 PM) Reply
Great tip on the sizing, I am just getting ready to make this for my daughter and she is tiny, size 0 or 2 in the RTW...measurements on the pattern say she should be almost a size 10...but I guess I better start trimming before I even start this project...look for the outcome in the next week or so
ladyheather said... (11/11/08 8:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful top..thanks for the heads up on the sizing!
alethia said... (8/13/07 5:37 PM) Reply
Although the pattern sizing was off, the blouse looks very nice
KrystalL said... (6/21/07 2:36 PM) Reply
Very pretty. Simplicity 3956 is similar to this one, and I think the sizing may be a little better.
AnneM said... (6/21/07 7:14 AM) Reply
Great top; love the double layer.
Carolyndh said... (6/19/07 6:07 PM) Reply
You look so great in your top! This turned out to be a winner!
snowflake girl said... (6/18/07 8:28 PM) Reply
very cute top, Thanks for the tip on the sizing.
carolynw said... (6/18/07 9:07 AM) Reply
Looks nice - even tho you had a not too nice time with the fabric and pattern I think it has turned out very, very nice.
Bonnie O said... (6/18/07 8:06 AM) Reply
To LauraM: I don't think I did hang the fabric before I sewed the side seams but I did let it hang overnight AFTER I sewed. (i.e before I ended up altering.) That's a great tip to point out. I did end up having to trim up the hems after they were hanging.
MelissaB in WA said... (6/18/07 8:01 AM) Reply
Your top turned out really cute - sorry it was such a pain to make tho. I have had projects like that too. Enjoy your top! :-)
LauraM62 said... (6/18/07 7:51 AM) Reply
Cute top, I have this one on my to-do list too! The sizing issue is good info, wonder how much has to do with the it being a bias cut top. Did you let yours hang any in-between for that stretch factor before sewing the sideseams?
Helen near Sydney said... (6/18/07 3:05 AM) Reply
Your top has turned out beautifully, would never had guessed at the struggle you had with the fabric.
SimsSews said... (6/18/07 0:22 AM) Reply
Look and fit is fabulous, great job!
SusiM said... (6/18/07 0:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, and especially the sizing info. That's a very nice top. Neat print.
Re Becca said... (6/17/07 11:28 PM) Reply
JoAnns? I never they could be made to look so good. I also find it very disappointing when patterns are mis-sized, BUT beter too big than too small. You made it look great, esp. the fitting and fabric.
Lori V said... (6/17/07 11:03 PM) Reply
This is very cute and looks great on you.
ZoeP said... (6/17/07 10:53 PM) Reply
It looks great! I think I should get this pattern... Great job.
cindy-lou said... (6/17/07 9:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I have a similar pattern and keep planning to make it, then something else interferes... *sigh*. You earned this top-- enjoy it--Then, if you make it into a dress too, consider entering into the OPML contest!
Leslie in Austin said... (6/17/07 6:31 PM) Reply
Cute!! This is top #2 of yours that I'm feeling inspired to copy (just bought NL 6655 based on your great version). Who knew those icky silkies could look so good?

Figgy's Sewing for Boys, Book

by: janimal

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

You Sew Girl Small Tote Pattern