Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6466 (Dressy Camisole - View E)

Reviewed by:Bonnie O

About Bonnie Ostarstar
Member since: 4/28/07
Posted on:6/17/07 6:22 PM
Last Updated:6/17/07 6:28 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Vesta Patterns

Mazzygirl said... (4/29/10 1:04 AM) Reply
Lovely top on you, despite all the hassles. I always look at the measurements printed on the pattern to determine the best size to make, & tissue fit if I'm still in doubt (this helps to avoid any sizing disasters). I've made this top successfully, same style that you made & just love it. I found 2 fabrics that were the same print only reversed in colours, so used them to make it up, & it looked fantastic. as I put on weight it sadly ended up getting sold on ebay for much more than what it originally cost me to make! now, several years later, I plan to make another one (larger size obviously) as I loved it so much.
SoVintage said... (5/27/09 6:05 PM) Reply
Great tip on the sizing, I am just getting ready to make this for my daughter and she is tiny, size 0 or 2 in the RTW...measurements on the pattern say she should be almost a size 10...but I guess I better start trimming before I even start this project...look for the outcome in the next week or so
ladyheather said... (11/11/08 8:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful top..thanks for the heads up on the sizing!
alethia said... (8/13/07 5:37 PM) Reply
Although the pattern sizing was off, the blouse looks very nice
KrystalL said... (6/21/07 2:36 PM) Reply
Very pretty. Simplicity 3956 is similar to this one, and I think the sizing may be a little better.
AnneM said... (6/21/07 7:14 AM) Reply
Great top; love the double layer.
Carolyndh said... (6/19/07 6:07 PM) Reply
You look so great in your top! This turned out to be a winner!
snowflake girl said... (6/18/07 8:28 PM) Reply
very cute top, Thanks for the tip on the sizing.
carolynw said... (6/18/07 9:07 AM) Reply
Looks nice - even tho you had a not too nice time with the fabric and pattern I think it has turned out very, very nice.
Bonnie O said... (6/18/07 8:06 AM) Reply
To LauraM: I don't think I did hang the fabric before I sewed the side seams but I did let it hang overnight AFTER I sewed. (i.e before I ended up altering.) That's a great tip to point out. I did end up having to trim up the hems after they were hanging.
MelissaB in WA said... (6/18/07 8:01 AM) Reply
Your top turned out really cute - sorry it was such a pain to make tho. I have had projects like that too. Enjoy your top! :-)
LauraM62 said... (6/18/07 7:51 AM) Reply
Cute top, I have this one on my to-do list too! The sizing issue is good info, wonder how much has to do with the it being a bias cut top. Did you let yours hang any in-between for that stretch factor before sewing the sideseams?
Helen near Sydney said... (6/18/07 3:05 AM) Reply
Your top has turned out beautifully, would never had guessed at the struggle you had with the fabric.
SimsSews said... (6/18/07 0:22 AM) Reply
Look and fit is fabulous, great job!
SusiM said... (6/18/07 0:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, and especially the sizing info. That's a very nice top. Neat print.
Re Becca said... (6/17/07 11:28 PM) Reply
JoAnns? I never they could be made to look so good. I also find it very disappointing when patterns are mis-sized, BUT beter too big than too small. You made it look great, esp. the fitting and fabric.
Lori V said... (6/17/07 11:03 PM) Reply
This is very cute and looks great on you.
ZoeP said... (6/17/07 10:53 PM) Reply
It looks great! I think I should get this pattern... Great job.
cindy-lou said... (6/17/07 9:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I have a similar pattern and keep planning to make it, then something else interferes... *sigh*. You earned this top-- enjoy it--Then, if you make it into a dress too, consider entering into the OPML contest!
Leslie in Austin said... (6/17/07 6:31 PM) Reply
Cute!! This is top #2 of yours that I'm feeling inspired to copy (just bought NL 6655 based on your great version). Who knew those icky silkies could look so good?

Ottobre Design Magazine 06-2013-21