Pattern Reviews> Green Pepper> 122 (Oregon jacket)

Reviewed by:Johanna Lu

About Johanna Lustarstarstar
Sweden
Member since: 11/3/03
Posted on:6/17/07 12:44 PM
Last Updated:6/17/07 12:44 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
cabinbaby said... (12/17/07 0:12 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for this review! I have the child's version of this coat. I am excitd to try it now! :) Your version looks great.
calzone said... (10/5/07 11:25 AM) Reply
The jacket looks very well-made. I want to make Green Pepper cargo shorts for my husband. I'm looking for positive (or negative) reviews of Green Pepper patterns, since I've never sewn w/ them before. I am pleased to learn of your jacket results!
Johanna Lu said... (6/21/07 9:57 AM) Reply

Johanna Lu said... (6/21/07 9:56 AM) Reply

Johanna Lu said... (6/21/07 9:55 AM) Reply
Yes, he is super happy! Actually his supremely joyous reaction when I presented him the finished jacket made it worth all the effort! I have always been rather selfish with my sewing time, but now I feel really inspired to make more things for him (I have also done a hooded sweatshirt jacket for him that I adapted from a ladies Burda pattern, that I need to review some day). Menswear is fun too!
AnneM said... (6/21/07 6:10 AM) Reply
Great jacket. I bet your DH is very happy with it.
Irene Q said... (6/18/07 2:14 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket!!!
megp47 said... (6/17/07 9:23 PM) Reply
Very nicely done!
Linda G said... (6/17/07 4:11 PM) Reply
It looks great you have a lucky boyfriend if you can find time to sew for him and yourself.
fuzzygalore said... (6/17/07 1:29 PM) Reply
Looks very good. And you're right, there's no point in a zipper guard whose main function is to enhance waterproofness if you're doing it out of cotton :-).
MeganJ said... (6/17/07 1:24 PM) Reply
Your finished coat looks really good, I think your added touches help with trasforming it to more of a "street" look than the outdoorsy Green Pepper look. Plus, as I'm from Eugene, I love to see people reviewing the GP patterns!!

by: Christine ...