Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2015 (Misses' Jeans)

Reviewed by:Carol Wisman

About Carol Wismanstar
WA USA
Member since: 8/9/02
Posted on:2/5/03 8:45 PM
Last Updated:4/9/04 8:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
PamJr said... (4/9/04 10:35 PM) Reply
I can't see your picture. They want me to sign in, then don't like the password I selected, so I gave up. I made jeans from this pattern several months ago and loved it. I made a size 12 and would make a size 10 next time. KwikSew patterns run LARGE.
Hilary said... (4/9/04 3:06 PM) Reply
I can't see your new picture-says file inaccessible~would love to though!
Dale C said... (2/6/03 8:13 PM) Reply
great jeans! and the rivets too... I was wondering where they could be bought. will have to check out the HOme Depot for some. I like the felled seam on the outside, it helps make a smooth line over the thigh bulges.
Debbie Spriggs said... (2/6/03 12:11 PM) Reply
I never thought of looking in a hardware store for rivets. Thanks so much, the rivets are a great finishing touch. I will definitely be making a trip to my local Ace hardware for these. Maybe I'll have to pick up some washers for pattern weights while I'm there. I may enjoy trips to the hardware store even more if I can hunt down sewing supplies! LOL
a. sHEWAN said... (2/6/03 11:12 AM) Reply
Great Job!
Mel.J said... (2/6/03 7:35 AM) Reply
Carol, these look fabulous!
Marita Kinnula said... (2/6/03 6:32 AM) Reply
Greatlooking jeans Carol, and thank you for the review. Congrat's !!!!
Elona said... (2/6/03 3:36 AM) Reply
It is so great of you to provide so many views of these excellent pants! Quite often, pants look fine in a front-view photo, but the backside remains a question without a pic. Wonderful work!
Carol Wisman said... (2/6/03 2:10 AM) Reply
Thanks Everyone! DS, I used copper rivets w/ a washer type disc, then pounded the rivet down w/a hammer. I purchased these at our local Ace hardware store. Any good hardware/fix it store should have some. You'll find them in the nuts & bolts section where they have all those little drawers with all kinds of fasteners.
Lori V said... (2/6/03 0:34 AM) Reply
Carol, the jeans are most impressive
Diane E said... (2/6/03 0:28 AM) Reply
Carol, these are fabulous pants! I'm so happy to read your review, since I just purchased this pattern yesterday. I am excited to try the pattern!
Lisa Laree said... (2/6/03 0:18 AM) Reply
Impressive pants, Carol!
Georgene said... (2/5/03 10:41 PM) Reply
These look wonderful Carol. If you want to lower the waist on the next pair, consider a shaped waist band with the center front on the straight grain, and no side seams. The center back seam ends up sort of on the bias. I've done this pattern adjustment several times. If you use a straight grain sometimes it gaps, especially at the back on lower waists. Looking forward to your review of the next pair!
Sherril Miller said... (2/5/03 9:44 PM) Reply
Those look great! I have this pattern altered and a muslin fit great. Unfortunately, I've gained a few pounds since then. Maybe 1" sideseams will help along with some stretch denim? This is a really great pattern.
Peggy said... (2/5/03 9:18 PM) Reply
Great job and they look awesome on you.
Debbie Spriggs said... (2/5/03 8:59 PM) Reply
Wow, these look RTW! Did you use grommets on the front pockets? I think I see them on the picture, and I'm curious where to purchase them. I've looked without success. Great Review, I may have to try this pattern.
Margaret said... (2/5/03 8:53 PM) Reply
Wow, your pants look wonderful! I hadn't really considered making jeans before, but maybe I will do it someday. Thanks for sharing this.

Understanding Knit Fabrics