Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2935 (Men's Shirt)

Reviewed by:mClones

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Mens
AnneM said... (7/6/07 10:46 AM) Reply
Great shirt. You DSon looks about ready to take off on vacation. What a deal on those buttonholes; well worth it vs home machine versions. Congrats on getting back into actual sewing again (although the planning is lots of fun).
pterion said... (6/25/07 10:21 PM) Reply
Very cool shirt! DS looks quite proud to be wearing it. I'd heard about Jonathon's Buttonholes and will not hesitate to use them for my next project requiring buttonholes!
Ronda Rae said... (6/25/07 9:39 AM) Reply
I love this pattern, too! I've worn mine out making shirts for DH. I'm so jealous that you have a place to take a garment for buttonholes!! I don't like doing them on my machine and procrastinate it horribly. I have 3 shirts that are finished and in need of the holes!
mClones said... (6/25/07 7:05 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tip, KimPa. I actually learned about the Steam a Seam technique from Louise Cutting at the Worcester Expo last year.
Stilltheone said... (6/24/07 11:31 AM) Reply
WOW! What a great shirt. You did a wonderful job.
KimPa said... (6/23/07 10:31 PM) Reply
It is a universal law of physics that your practice buttonholes will all come out perfectly, but your machines senses when you are sewing them for "real". Tricks I have used: put a bit of paper under the area where you are sewing the buttonhole - I use the paper I peel off from the Heat n' Bond that I use from other projects. This helps the fabric move more easily under the buttonhole foot. Also, lengthen your stitch length just a little bit - seems to help to move your fabric under the foot better and solve the bunching up problem. Shirt looks awesome. I never thought of using Steam A Seam for the pocket, but it is so obvious now that you mention it - I'll try it next time!
Elaine Dougan said... (6/23/07 3:20 PM) Reply
You are so lucky to havew access to places like that. I don't even have a fabric store without driving quite a distance. Nice shirt by the way!
Olivia Sews said... (6/23/07 1:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful job on the pocket and overall!! My DH is a 50 inch chest so this pattern should fit him. Nice to have a place to do your buttonholes. Great review!

8 1/2 inch LEFTY Dressmaking Shears