Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2777 (Men's Shirts)

Viewed 2059 times

Last Updated:2/9/03 7:52 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts
Jay Cadiramen said... (7/11/04 7:45 PM) Reply
I've used this pattern a number of times for my dad, who likes baggier clothing, and he especially likes the four shirts I made with this pattern because it does tend to run a little large. I would probably go down a size for myself... or maybe even more!
Jay Cadiramen said... (7/27/03 9:25 PM) Reply
I agree with you about this pattern being a bit misleading with regards to sizing... it did look a bit bigger than the pattern artwork led me to believe. Also, it IS nothing special... I jazzed up the shirt (view B) by putting a band (10cm) of contrast fabric horizontally across the right chest piece, in line with the top of the pocket, only, and then running a similar band of contrast fabric down the middle of the left sleeve. Think creative with this pattern because it is pretty basic.
Gigi Louis said... (2/10/03 10:52 AM) Reply
What a great looking shirt! What I really like about this pattern is that it's possible to use any neck size with any body size for a truly custom fit.
Rustybobn said... (2/10/03 10:42 AM) Reply
Thanks! Elona, I just happen to have that book out of the library right now. I'll have a look and see what I can do!
Marita Kinnula said... (2/10/03 3:27 AM) Reply
Very stylish, what a lucky husband you have.
kerina said... (2/9/03 8:36 PM) Reply
That shirt looks excellent. I don't feel ready myself to tackle something like this yet for my own DH but I'm going to buy that pattern for the day I do. It looks pretty timeless to me. Thanks for the great review.
Elona said... (2/9/03 8:29 PM) Reply
What a great-looking, finely-executed shirt, Rusty! That muscle up there is the trapezius, and having a big one is the mark of a weightlifter, and can also produce that fold you mention. In her book, "Fitting & Pattern Alteration," Judith Rasband calls it "High neck base at sides," and has a segment on how to correct a woman's pattern for it. It basically involves enlarging the neck circumference, all right, but also adding a bit of extra length at the center back, and a little at the inner edge of each shoulder seam. All this lets the shirt drop just a bit in the center, and removes those folds.

No Pattern Used 001