Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4851 (Tote Bag)

Reviewed by:mintlatte

About mintlatte
Member since: 11/15/05
Posted on:6/27/07 4:09 PM
Last Updated:6/27/07 4:09 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories

hat-and-bag-lady said... (7/20/07 10:40 PM) Reply
I just recently made this bag, myself. It is one seriously humongous bag. I use it, with the organizer, on a long car trip to carry all the ... stuff ... that accumulates on a car trip. For that, it is great. Personally, I wouldn't use it for, say a purse, but that's a personal decision. (People, this bag is huge. you could lose a small child in it.)
Mary Stiefer said... (6/28/07 9:32 AM) Reply
Wow - this is a huge bag. That being said, I think this is perfect for taking all those things that are a necessity on a car trip or a train trip. Good job.
LisaAnn said... (6/27/07 6:21 PM) Reply
Your bag looks very nice, but you are right this is a HUGE bag. I was thinking about this pattern but will likely pass on it now. Good job on the bag--and the fabrics are cute too!
HeatherPA said... (6/27/07 5:05 PM) Reply
Oooo! I really like this bag and have the pattern on my wish list for the next McCall's sale... I made StudioKat's PortaPockets and that didn't have Timtex and finishing the edges made me swear (haven't reviewed it yet but will... after I make it again to see if it goes easier) Anyhow... based on that and your notes... I may hold off on the organizer part and just make the tote with all its good looking pockets. Nice job!!!
snaffles said... (6/27/07 4:47 PM) Reply
I really like your bag. I've been thinking of this pattern, because of the organizer. I not sure I could push through the construction like you did though.

BurdaStyle Downloadable 003