Pattern Reviews> Material Things> 103 (fearless skirt)

Reviewed by:Lee Ann Hawkins

About Lee Ann Hawkinsstar
IN USA
Member since: 1/11/03
Posted on:2/10/03 3:46 AM
Last Updated:2/10/03 5:29 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (2/13/03 4:42 AM) Reply
Thank you, to each of my new sewing-sister friends! This is so much fun. Susan, I have also made her cardigan jacket and will do a review on it, it fits great, feels great, was easy to do. I want to make it again in another fabric. She is coming out with a new slacks pattern, or perhaps this is out. I believe she advertises in Threads under Material Things, perhaps that is another way to get patterns. I just wish you all could feel how luxurious and comfy this skirt is to wear.
Charmaine said... (2/10/03 10:02 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! I read in your profile that you sew in the wee hours. You must not be getting enough sleep! Your sewing looks really good.
Prabha Tedrow said... (2/10/03 3:19 PM) Reply
Thanks Susan Lee. I will look for the pattern at patternshowcase.
Deepika said... (2/10/03 3:16 PM) Reply
Lee Ann that skirt looks so professional! so neat and even. You have written a very helpful review and introduced me to yet another pattern designer! Thanks.
Diane E said... (2/10/03 1:50 PM) Reply
Lee Ann, this is absolutely beautiful, and your review is very detailed. Thanks for the heads-up on the seam allowances. Uh oh looks like another "must have"! p.s. love your friend!
Debbie Spriggs said... (2/10/03 11:55 AM) Reply
What a beautiful classic skirt,Lee Ann! Lovely work, and a great reveiw!
slee said... (2/10/03 11:31 AM) Reply
I love your skirt. It looks wonderful. Lee Ann, have you tried Cecelia Podolak's other patterns?.... Prabha, you can find this skirt pattern at patternshowcase.
Prabha Tedrow said... (2/10/03 11:06 AM) Reply
Lee Ann, the skirt is beautiful. Can you tell me where I can get this pattern? It is not mentioned on her Web site nor is it listed in the order form.
Everyday Sewist said... (2/10/03 10:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt, looks like a great pattern and fabric too. And the dog looks really cute in the picture too! I was just reading about seam allowances in my Claire Shaeffer couture book. Apparently 3/4" is what they use in couture, so this must be a very luxurious skirt indeed.
Karla Kizer said... (2/10/03 9:28 AM) Reply
Fits beautifully and looks very expensive. I think you're right: you have found a classic.
Marita Kinnula said... (2/10/03 8:12 AM) Reply
Perfect! I can add no more, beautiful work.
KathleenS said... (2/10/03 6:14 AM) Reply
That's a very nice looking skirt Lee Ann!

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Favorite Things Prairie Girl Pattern