Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3416 (Misses Dresses and Swimsuits)

Reviewed by:LauraAnn12

About LauraAnn12
Member since: 6/14/06
Posted on:6/30/07 9:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Swimwear
ClaireSky said... (9/2/09 6:05 AM) Reply
I love the fabric. It looks very nice on you too!
Brillig said... (5/5/08 5:20 PM) Reply
Good for you on going with a bold print. It looks fun, stylish and very "current". I get so tired of the "solid and dark colors are best" rule for curvy women. I like prints. Big and bold prints even, so you go girl! Your swimmer turned out well, looks nice, and suits you.
mClones said... (10/31/07 7:30 AM) Reply
looks very cute!
Elemenopeo said... (7/2/07 5:33 PM) Reply
Great suit - maybe keep the pattern to remake again in a few years as it suits you so well.
moss said... (7/2/07 9:04 AM) Reply
I think this suit looks extremely hot on you and I love the fabric! It really looks fantastic and I hope you enjoy wearing it! :)
Jane S said... (7/1/07 1:13 PM) Reply
Fabulous suit and wonderful colors on you. Bravo!
zora said... (7/1/07 9:14 AM) Reply
Very cute, the style and the colour suit you. There are several types of chlor resistant elastic. I have one that looks just like normal elastic but is chlor and salt water resistant. Don't regular elastic, some regular stuff breaks down after the first bath (don't ask how I know ;) )
Sewliz said... (7/1/07 7:36 AM) Reply
How beautiful, you look like a sea goddess! You will catch Neptune's eye so be careful. I don't like working with clear elastic either and always used the generic elastic which seemed to hold up well.
valerie sews said... (7/1/07 5:10 AM) Reply
Love the dress and the material. I have this pattern and an going to attempt to make a swimsuit for the next Aussie summer...thaks for your review.
fuzzygalore said... (7/1/07 4:06 AM) Reply
Mm.. clear elastic doesn't stick to my machine, and I just pin lightly through it at long intervals, stretch between pins as I sew. Maybe you need a teflon foot? However, it does stretch much more than 'regular', so you have to watch those measures. Plus it doesn't recover entirely - you have to stretch it one good time before you go, or it'll never go back to the size you started with. I still think it's the best, because it's so light and won't make a big lump on the edge of your swimsuit. Apart from all those technical things, your suit is great, I -adore- the fabric. Never an excuse to have anything boring if you make it yourself :-).
MareeAlison said... (7/1/07 3:56 AM) Reply
I really like your suit and the colour is much nicer than black. I use clear elastic on swimmers and I can offer some ideas if you like. You can use a teflon based foot - it won't stick then. The Threads website suggests you put the elastic under the fabric to sew, this could possibly work. I used Jeans needles when I sewed my swimmers (this was suggested by the people who taught us). They use Jeans needles all the time and hardly ever change them regardless of what they're sewing. I did try ball point but they didn't work as well for me.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/1/07 0:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful - I, too, prefer color to black
LauraAnn12 said... (6/30/07 11:38 PM) Reply
KathleenS, yes, the bodice for view B is the same, so it can be done easily...but incredibly, they don't even mention it! Ha!
KathleenS said... (6/30/07 10:10 PM) Reply
Looking at the design I think it's astonishing that they didn't include instructions for making the swim dress with the body suit pattern attached as you suggest, at least as an option. I presume the bodice pieces are the same? Enjoy your new suit.

Kwik Sew 3625