Pattern Reviews> Other> Home Couture #13 (#13 - Home Couture)

Reviewed by:madhatter

About madhatterstar
Member since: 3/27/06
Posted on:7/1/07 4:43 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

madhatter said... (7/3/07 4:00 PM) Reply
very kind of you all :) jhansby - i don't need to adjust the patterns. i'm very small and relatively "flat", so i don't have issues with the fitting. for everyone taller than me (5'3"), with more bust than "barely a B-cup" etc. a lot of alteration will be needed. anyways - it's do-able!
jhansby said... (7/3/07 6:48 AM) Reply
I live in Japan and have just discovered other books by this author....I'm going to start buying them up!! Gorgeous dress!! Do you have any problems adjusting the patterns to fit "non-Japanese" sized bodies?
MissCelie said... (7/2/07 11:28 PM) Reply
I need to get online and beat all the other PR people to this book. I've gots to get it. This dress is wonderful!
Mufffet said... (7/2/07 4:47 PM) Reply
Lovely dress...very vintage and very nicely done. :)
Levone said... (7/2/07 12:17 PM) Reply
Pretty dress!
Hilary said... (7/2/07 6:49 AM) Reply
Lovely!! Your dress is so cute, and looks great on you. I love the ruffles, they are just enough without being too frilly. Great review!
madhatter said... (7/2/07 6:05 AM) Reply
Thank you, ladies! FYI: The book is available at or Both sell and ship worldwide. Any Kinokuniya bookstores will have this or order it for you :) Stitch Wench - Thanks for the hint. Indeed I thought about doubling the skirt first, but then went with the "normal" lining fabric, as the outside fabric tends to "climb up" whatever you wear underneath ;)
Tany said... (7/2/07 4:08 AM) Reply
Your dress is precious! Thank you for this very helpful review! (and I will try to find that book!)
Marji said... (7/2/07 3:54 AM) Reply
Lovely dress!
Vivienne said... (7/2/07 3:24 AM) Reply
I love your choice of buttons and the contrast stitching! Miss Rita, I've seen the book in Vancouver.
Stitch Wench said... (7/1/07 9:44 PM) Reply
I saw your blog, and I think the buttons look very lovely on this dress and you did a good job. If you work with a light batiste in the future, you may double the skirt if you want no see through.
Sport said... (7/1/07 9:27 PM) Reply
Absolutely exquisite on you! Those buttons are fantastic! Have to love those flea market finds.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/1/07 6:36 PM) Reply
Wow - this looks great and I love black on you.
Birgitte said... (7/1/07 5:50 PM) Reply
That's just a beautiful dress! I love it on you and I love how you composed the picture by the window... truly 'home couture'.
MissRita_ca said... (7/1/07 5:40 PM) Reply
I like the dress on you, it really suits you. Is the book available in Canada?

by: Sew tell m...