Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2731 (Misses' Vest)

Reviewed by: LoriB

About LoriBstarstar
Germany
Member since: 4/23/02
Posted on:2/11/03 5:28 PM
Last Updated:2/18/04 12:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
Julia Graham said... (8/20/04 7:15 PM) Reply
Your embroidery and vest overall are very handsome! Great job, and a nice thorough review.
PVA said... (4/6/04 0:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful result. I truly appreciate all the construction details, and problem solving included in this review. I'm new to PR and will do a review of my experience with the "B" view of this pattern. Thanks for all the helpful sharing. I will be looking for you other reviews!
Hilary said... (2/18/04 9:49 PM) Reply
Lori, your vest looks really great! I love the snowflake embroidery too~I have always wanted this pattern, its good to see it reviewed here!
Elona said... (2/18/04 3:38 PM) Reply
Lori, what a great-looking vest! Very professional.
Debbie Spriggs said... (2/13/03 1:06 PM) Reply
Thanks, Lori, I sent it to your website.
LoriB said... (2/13/03 12:47 PM) Reply
Debbie, I digitized the snowflake designs myself (there are 3 different ones) using clip art as a guide. Send me your email address and I can send them to you.
Debbie Spriggs said... (2/13/03 12:43 PM) Reply
wish I could edit comments--, I just noticed that you had included a thought about interfacing :) good thought!
LoriB said... (2/13/03 12:41 PM) Reply
I didn't have any trouble with the pocket zippers at all. I was also hesitant but I basted everything and that made it easy. Despite the basting and careful sewing, the lining did roll a bit into view, so I was really glad I chose to use black zippers because then the bit of lining doesn't show or looks like accent color.
Debbie Spriggs said... (2/13/03 12:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful vest, Lori! I really like the addition of embroidery, and your choice of fabric/zipper colors. Where is that embroidery design available? Your zippered pockets look spectacular! The wave in the front zipper is barely noticable, but I have two thoughts, and you may have already included these. You could stay-stitch the front opening before applying the zipper, and you could add a narrow strip of lightweight interfacing to the fabric edge, also before applying the zipper. Beautiful work, thanks for the pictures!
Lisa B said... (2/13/03 12:35 PM) Reply
Looks great, Lori! Nice job. I like your choice of fabric and color. It's perfect for this vest.
a. sHEWAN said... (2/13/03 11:01 AM) Reply
Lori: Looks like you did a great job! Any problems with the pocket zippers? I haven't put in that type of zipper yet and I am woundering how difficult it is.

Sewing Workshop Inventor Shirt Pattern