Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2007-02 (3/4 sleeve tee)

Reviewed by:Mufffet

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Annette1 said... (8/27/08 3:20 AM) Reply
Aaaaahhh, PERFECTION! :o) You've got yourself the perfect TNT here.
sewtime said... (8/24/08 6:23 PM) Reply
Nice top!
Learn To Sew said... (8/24/08 5:45 PM) Reply
Michele, what a slide show. So many machines in your home. You said you had several, but I had no idea. I like the tourquise top. You have made so many tops. Some fit better than others, but from what I see, you are getting fit down pretty well. I loved the decorative stitching you did. Very creative and it takes an ordinary tee and makes it extra special.
Karendee said... (8/24/08 5:14 PM) Reply
Excellent review and lovely top.
Mufffet said... (6/4/08 1:11 PM) Reply
Sherril, I used the edge stitching foot with the needle over to the left, that made just the width I needed. Then I used the tip that I think I read in a Debbie Cook message about holding your finger behind the presser foot lightly and that really helps keep things from stretching and getting carried away! :)) I have used that so much since reading it way back.
Annette1 said... (6/4/08 11:38 AM) Reply
Ooooo, that turquoise is one of my FAVORITE colors, and you really look GREAT in it. Your decorative stitching adds just the right touch!
AngieC said... (6/4/08 9:13 AM) Reply
Your top is beautiful! Love the designer stitches too! Great reviews~
michellep74 said... (6/4/08 0:20 AM) Reply
I love your decorative stitching. I'm with Sherril--I think I'm going to have to steal this idea.
Sherril Miller said... (6/3/08 10:21 PM) Reply
Cute stitches for that neckline. How terrific are you for not stretching it out with those stitches. I'm going to have to steal this idea.
Mufffet said... (11/27/07 12:42 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Mary, rhinestones?! WOW. :)) You never know...I do intend to make this over again, and try cutting a turtleneck!
Mary Stiefer said... (11/26/07 2:10 PM) Reply
The blue is a perfect fit. I guess that this will become one of your TNT patterns you lucky women you. Just imagine this in lots of different colors with different embellishments - perhaps appliques or those self adhesive rhinestones at the neckline - lovely.
Annette1 said... (11/24/07 0:15 AM) Reply
Oooo, love that blue, and the fit is perfect!
leenaa said... (11/23/07 2:25 PM) Reply
Thank You for this review - and the neww approach! I have tred the "rose"-model and it did fit well, but it is interesting to learn more about tracing/ fit options!
Sherril Miller said... (11/23/07 11:34 AM) Reply
I was looking for a new t-shirt pattern to try out, and with your great success, I'm going to trace this one out for me. Thanks for the picture. You really got the right combination of sizes that works for you. Isn't Ottobre the best?
Sigrid. said... (11/23/07 2:18 AM) Reply
Great result and review. Your top fits great. I love the Ottobre patterns too.
zeoplum said... (11/23/07 0:04 AM) Reply
I'm not really familiar with Ottobre Woman patterns but they sound like something I might need to check out. Your tops are very nice and the fit looks great!
mssewcrazy said... (11/22/07 9:55 PM) Reply
Very nice Muffet! I cannot wait to make one of these. I think I would really like to try that sleeve length also.
Donna H said... (11/22/07 3:48 PM) Reply
This looks great! Superb fit. I just did the Ottober 2-2006 top in 3/4 sleeve length and now have another TNT tshirt top. I did a v-neck.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/22/07 1:55 PM) Reply
What a PRETTY top, muffet!! Fits nicely and is a beautiful colour!! A TNT pattern! YEH!!
Sherril Miller said... (11/18/07 9:26 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you got the sizing just right. Now you can make tons of these in different fabrics. I hope you can get a pic up soon.
AngieC said... (9/15/07 5:04 PM) Reply
I just bought the magazine off eBay and am anxious to try this pattern. Great review!
martinanne said... (7/9/07 10:16 AM) Reply
Thanks for this thorough review! I look forward to seeing your results with your newly traced smaller pattern.
Annette1 said... (7/9/07 2:10 AM) Reply
Boy, the nice fit of your shirt and your excellent review have about convinced me I HAVE to try Ottebre. :o)
ceehawks1976 said... (7/8/07 8:35 PM) Reply
I love the color of your tee. After reading your review, I think I will have to go and get myself one of the Ottobre magazines! Very nice job. I agree with Sherril, shrink the shoulders!
Mufffet said... (7/8/07 3:59 PM) Reply
Sherril, YES...when I saw the photo I groaned! GOSH, it is almost falling off that shoulder! Thanks for your help on these tees too!
Sherril Miller said... (7/8/07 3:00 PM) Reply
Thank you for getting this review up. You'll definitely have to cut the shoulders shorter. I like the sleeve length on you. Very flattering color.
Tiner W said... (7/8/07 2:20 PM) Reply
Pretty! I think I need to try Ottobre's tops--I'm having good luck with their skirts.

Burda 8201