Pattern Reviews> Burda> 9885 (Girls Dress & Top)

Reviewed by:NeedleandThread

About NeedleandThread
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 11/10/06
Posted on:7/10/07 9:19 AM

See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
kitecker said... (7/26/14 9:57 AM) Reply
I also had a difficult time with the pin tucks. Wish I had read the review before I started.
sandramary said... (4/24/09 2:10 AM) Reply
I wish I had read your review before sewing this one! The pintuck technique is bizarre to say the least, I ended up with a cute top but way too much fiddling around for a toddlers garment.
Jodot said... (2/16/09 10:40 AM) Reply
I also had problems with the pintucks - undid them and tried again but still couldn't work out instructions. I used the front neck facing to get neckline shape rather than piece 7 of the pattern in the end. Seemed to work ok.
craftygamma said... (3/22/08 4:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I am in the process of making this pattern, and I also have trouble with the pintucks and the bodice being too wide. I have reviewed everything and cannot figure out where I went wrong. I find their instructions very difficult to follow, and I doubt I will ever buy Burda again. I consider myself an advanced seamstress, and this pattern is supposed to be easy. I think not! Dee
SimsSews said... (7/11/07 11:46 PM) Reply
Really sweet looking top and the pintucks look great. You certainly are a brave soul, pintucks with a Burda pattern! Adorable top, congratulations.
NeedleandThread said... (7/10/07 6:55 PM) Reply