Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1262 (Topstitched tunic)

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:7/15/07 11:53 AM
Last Updated:7/15/07 11:53 AM

SewTwin said... (7/31/07 10:22 PM) Reply
Sigh, as always! Excellent construction,"as always". I know that you put more effort than we see.I am glad that we have many sewists that are this talented!
pamici said... (7/16/07 7:39 PM) Reply
Nice style and a beautiful fabric ... someday I hope to graduate to Marfy's!
Karine said... (7/16/07 10:54 AM) Reply
What a beautiful job you did on this top. I like the longer sleeves and the distinctive features of the pattern. Marfy patterns are challenging enough without having to contend with drafting errors as well. Did you make a muslin? As always, your review is terrific - thanks!
Mary Stiefer said... (7/16/07 9:21 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous top. And, of course, your sewing techniques are to be envied. Beautifully done.
PixieCat said... (7/16/07 5:58 AM) Reply
Your top is so gorgeous! I love the color, details, everything. I anticipate your reviews just like each issue of Threads.
Danvillegirl said... (7/16/07 5:16 AM) Reply
Another great looking tunic/top. Love the pocket details. You do an excellent job with Marfy patterns.
pterion said... (7/15/07 9:47 PM) Reply
This is a blouse I would want to buy...only I probably could not afford it! Stunning job.
carolynw said... (7/15/07 9:34 PM) Reply
Another lovely top Debra - did you ever get the tape I sent you?
OP Gal said... (7/15/07 8:19 PM) Reply
Another great looking project. The fabric is such a pretty color in the picture. I bet it's beautiful in person with the cross-dyed feature of the fabric.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (7/15/07 7:56 PM) Reply
Another beauty, love the fabric and colour.
Debra H said... (7/15/07 7:34 PM) Reply
The 2007 spring/fall catalog of Marfy has no patterns that I can find smaller than size 42, so those who wear size 4-6 off-the-rack will have to alter a larger size. The book did have maybe 30% with some sizes over 46, but they frequently skipped a size or two. By far, most only come in sizes 42, 44, 46.
Sherril Miller said... (7/15/07 6:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful, I want one. You don't say the sizing range. Does it go up to 48/50? You've done a wonderful job on your top.
aunt saidee said... (7/15/07 6:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful work! I haven't tried a Marfy pattern yet, but it's on my list, though your comment about the size range is discouraging. Love the detail and your thoroughness. Thanks!
jewelea said... (7/15/07 5:46 PM) Reply
I always look forward to seeing your garments and reading your reviews, and this one does not disappoint. A refreshing summer top with interesting lines.
hongkongshopper said... (7/15/07 5:10 PM) Reply
Lovely top! You really are the Marfy expert!
Sigrid. said... (7/15/07 3:40 PM) Reply
Sorry, wanted to edit text, and doubled it.
Sigrid. said... (7/15/07 3:40 PM) Reply
Wonderful blouse. I really love this one. Thanks for the extensive Marfy reviews. Received my first Marfy pattern this week and was surprised that it not even included a drawing! But I'm going to try, also thanks to your reviews.
Re Becca said... (7/15/07 3:17 PM) Reply
Very nicely done. I just laid this pattern out in a cotton shirting. I like your longer sleeves, I may do that. Thank you so much for the review.
Debra H said... (7/15/07 2:01 PM) Reply
Cheryl...there are no instructions at all. Only pre-cut pattern pieces with a few words on the pattern pieces but not many. Only one size too with no seam allowances. Alas, I wish Vogue would just buy their styles and offer them that way, but not likely to happen.
Judy Wentz said... (7/15/07 12:37 PM) Reply
What a lovely pattern. You, as always did a beautiful job. I love the pocket detail.
lmg said... (7/15/07 12:21 PM) Reply
I loved this pattern. It's great to see this one made up. Wonderful color and beautiful shirt.
Beve said... (7/15/07 12:21 PM) Reply
What a lovely blouse and what a nice job. I bet it looks great on you...
Cheryl Reeves said... (7/15/07 12:01 PM) Reply
Wow, I love this top. Your fabric choice really shows off all of the design details and stitching. I've never used a Marfy pattern. When you say there are not instructions, does that also mean there are no pictures showing construction techniques?
Lorna C. Newman said... (7/15/07 11:59 AM) Reply
I love your Marfy reviews ... they always make me want to go try the ones in my stash! I love the colour of this linen as well. Very summer.

Other Gertie's Keyhole Blouse