Brother
Brother

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8397 (Misses Pants - Marcy Tilton)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:7/18/07 1:37 AM
Last Updated:7/18/07 1:43 AM
Review Rating:
Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Other Projects by Ann Smith using this Pattern

photophoto
Leslie Bonner said... (8/3/07 5:06 PM) Reply
Ann, Unlike you I am very bad at posting reviews. I just made these pants and I love them. I cropped mine taking 5" right off the bottom. I wore these in SF last weekend and the saleswoman at a very posh store loved them. The pattern photo certainly did nothing to encourage people to buy them. I am debating using a very soft washed linen and making them again but maybe I'll try View B instead.
Schnauzer said... (7/19/07 0:55 AM) Reply
VERY nice! and as others have said, they go well with that gorgeous vest!
Modiste Madness said... (7/18/07 10:38 PM) Reply
They look great on you!
Annika said... (7/18/07 3:21 PM) Reply
I made version c of these pants and found them to be a bit baggy. I didn't use a knit fabric, either. Still, I like them almost as much as I like your two versions! Thanks for this great review.
Ann Smith said... (7/18/07 12:33 PM) Reply
Linda E. I guess I never reviewed the vest probably because it is older than PatternReview!. I'll write one now.
DorothyK said... (7/18/07 12:13 PM) Reply
Ann, these pants are terrific. So dramatic. As usual, you picked the perfect accessories to go with them. The pants do look better on you than the Vogue pattern photo.
Annika said... (7/18/07 12:03 PM) Reply
Sherril Miller said... (7/18/07 10:51 AM) Reply
Very interesting style that goes great with that vest. Thanks for this review.
Linda E. said... (7/18/07 10:02 AM) Reply
Ann those pants look very comfortable I like them on you.. I couldn't find a review of the vest?? I think I have the same fabric as the vest just haven't found anything to make it up as.
cecelia said... (7/18/07 8:53 AM) Reply
Ann, I love those pants--they are so unique, and the vest you made goes with it so well and is so pretty. Thanks for the review.
CarolynGM said... (7/18/07 7:27 AM) Reply
The style is intriguing and the pants look very comfortable
Janice C. said... (7/18/07 7:19 AM) Reply
Fantastic ! I mistakenly put my comment on your other review of this pattern ! Basically to sum up I said - Vogue Pattern photo - horrific. Your actual trousers - FANTASTIC !

by: treefrog

Sewing Workshop Fillmore Duster

Sewing Workshop Fillmore Duster

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

by: suz3