Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5206 (Criss-Cross Top)

Reviewed by:OP Gal

About OP Galstarstarstar
KS United States
Member since: 10/14/03
Posted on:7/23/07 3:27 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
MichelleLISW said... (12/17/07 11:26 AM) Reply
Thank you for the detailed review! I appreciate learning from the difficulties that you had with the pattern and enjoyed your writing style!
cecelia said... (7/26/07 8:31 PM) Reply
Ahh, come on--I believe in Santa too! I've done this in the long sleeve version and like it alike except it crosses my "boobs" in an odd way, probably just my figure! I have made it 2X and like it.
Karine said... (7/24/07 10:34 AM) Reply
I felt like you were describing me as I read your review! I admire your perseverence and the end results on both the pink and the blue are really nice. Definitely not in the wadder category!
cindyann said... (7/24/07 9:59 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review. I've just ordered a machine that does coverstitch, so any tips/experiences will help me a lot in my new endeavor. Your top turned out nice and I think you got a very flattering fit.
mssewcrazy said... (7/24/07 8:48 AM) Reply
This is very nice on you. I think I should add this one to the pattern stash ( sigh). My bustline is lower/larger as I age so this would eliminate the empire problems. Thanks for the view.
beangirl said... (7/23/07 10:30 PM) Reply
This is really nice! I wouldn't point or laugh. Well. Not much. No really, it's cute! I have problems with that armscye wrinkle too. I keep debating whether it's too much or too little FBA or something else totally unrelated. I'm coming to the conclusion that it's the last one. If I find out what, I'll let you know. But I seriously doubt ANYone would notice it the least little bit, since this looks so nice on you (the color is great too).
Sherril Miller said... (7/23/07 8:54 PM) Reply
What a great combination of sizes. You got a perfect fit on the shoulders, which is very slimming, I might add. The rest just slides on down in a very flattering manner. I just love when my clothes do that! Congratulations on the TNT. You'll just have to make more.
Annette1 said... (7/23/07 8:13 PM) Reply
Oooo, I'll have to try this one for a cross-over without the gap, as you say. You did a great job -- and I like your pink one just as well. I just view the waves as a design element. :o) I have a feeling you'll be believing in Santa again soon.
Mufffet said... (7/23/07 4:50 PM) Reply
Very nice top! Good color! I like the cross over tops. :)
Carolyndh said... (7/23/07 4:17 PM) Reply
Nice job on your crisscross top. It looks very becoming on you.

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2011-104

by: sandramary

by: olgarosita

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

SewBaby One Piece Reversible Sundress Pattern