Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2687

About gabrielle stanleystar
Member since: 2/20/03
Posted on:2/20/03 3:52 PM
Last Updated:11/16/03 3:18 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Needs More Info by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Annika said... (2/24/07 11:10 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket, very stylish.
Joos said... (11/16/03 8:22 PM) Reply
This appeared to be quite a difficult project. I'm glad your outfit turned out so well.
erjjs said... (11/16/03 6:37 PM) Reply
Gabrielle, thanks for updating your review with a photo. I too, have been thinking about making up this pattern, but it has been years since attempting anything more challenging than basic garments. Therefore, I'm not sure I'm 'competent' and definitely lack patience right now. I also checked out your webpage and was quite impressed - you create beautiful clothes! I will be looking forward to your next review.
LindaB said... (11/16/03 10:24 AM) Reply
You look fabulous and that jacket is impressive and original. Thank you for this review !
MaryBeth said... (11/16/03 10:09 AM) Reply
It's good to "see" you here, Gabrielle, as I've read your posts on another list and know you have much to share! The jacket turned out guite handsomely. I've wondered about the Fitting Finesse instructions producing a good pattern as you must start with the assumption that the original pattern is going to fit well proportionally. I use the drafting software to compare purchased patterns to so I have an idea of how close the pattern is to a good fit (not always possible when working with a client)
cindyann said... (11/16/03 9:46 AM) Reply
That is just a fantastic pattern. It's beyond my abilities but I'm so glad you reveiwed it. Wonderful.
AnneM said... (2/20/03 6:12 PM) Reply
Wow, I can see why you specify "competent and patient" as requirements to make this jacket. I am definitely not there yet in MY sewing skills.
Lisa Laree said... (2/20/03 5:19 PM) Reply
What kind of adjustments do you usually make (full bust, broad back, etc?). Were the adjustments hard to figure out, given the unusual shape of the jacket? This is a striking garment...I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it!
maybbm said... (2/20/03 4:36 PM) Reply
Finally, someone has made up this jacket! Thank you. Do you think one can make it with a fabric with less body? I would love to see a photo of your finished project.

by: MaidenJane