Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4443 (Princess seam Dress)

Reviewed by:ladybegood

About ladybegoodstarstar
Member since: 5/19/03
Posted on:7/24/07 7:04 PM
Last Updated:7/24/07 8:06 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 43 people
Nola Chi said... (5/4/15 12:57 PM) Reply
I would love to have such a perfect fit, especially the second one. I've never seen anything better!
Lisette said... (4/22/08 7:36 AM) Reply
double post! sorry
Lisette said... (4/22/08 7:29 AM) Reply
The fit on your dresses is great. I am working on a dress for my SIL and she has a wide back and needs an FBA. I made the FBA and the shoulder seams are pulling towards the back (like it needs the extra fabric back there). Would you take a look at the pictures( and give me your advise? Thanks so much!
Doleres said... (8/6/07 4:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful dresses.
Katy O'Halloran said... (8/5/07 6:53 PM) Reply
These dresses look great, I think that I will buy this pattern.
narcissaqtpie said... (8/4/07 9:41 PM) Reply
your dresses are very nice and inspiring!
AmandaW said... (8/4/07 8:07 PM) Reply
Your dresses are great and a well written review.
Marji said... (8/2/07 10:03 AM) Reply
Very flattering dress and your fit is fantastic.
Bonnie O said... (8/2/07 7:34 AM) Reply
Like everyone else, I agree that the fit of this dress is perfect. Very flattering on you. I don't need another dress pattern but I'm going to pick it up anyway! Your sewing tips were very helpful.
AnneM said... (8/1/07 8:30 AM) Reply
Great job, excellent dresses. Both are great. And they don't just look like multiple copies of the same dress, either, between the neckline change and the different fabrics.
Danvillegirl said... (7/29/07 9:14 AM) Reply
Nice looking dresses. Your review was most helpful.
Athene said... (7/28/07 3:48 PM) Reply
thank you for the very informative review. The pink dress looks fantastic on you.
tweedcurtain said... (7/27/07 10:45 AM) Reply
Great dresses! I thought the cherry print looked retro until I saw your sporty comment, then went back and looked again and agree. I think if you added the same trim at the waist that would bring back the retro feel. Lovely results from all your fitting fine tuning. Surely you are now an intermediate sewist!
morzel said... (7/26/07 0:55 AM) Reply
Thanks for your info!
jlg said... (7/25/07 9:38 PM) Reply
Fantastic dresses. Like carolhope, my first thought was wow.
Anabolina said... (7/25/07 8:21 PM) Reply
Looks great!!!
eightyferrettoes said... (7/25/07 7:50 PM) Reply
teehee-- I adore tacky prints, too. Wonderful dresses, great fit, and you have a lovely figure, too.
ladybegood said... (7/25/07 4:58 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! EveS, I'll work on getting that pciture. Morzel, the skirt is less than a 1/4 circle, and Butterick describes it as "slightly flared." A size 12 has a 47" hip, and an 80.25" hem.
ryansmumAria said... (7/25/07 11:45 AM) Reply
What a lovely dress! I loved LATTC - I graduated from there in Fashion Design and learned so much. Maybe it will be a career for you - you're great at it.
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/25/07 10:10 AM) Reply
Lovely, lovely dresses. The fit is wonderful!
cindyann said... (7/25/07 10:01 AM) Reply
Terrific dresses. A perfect design for your lovely figure.
carolynw said... (7/25/07 9:16 AM) Reply
Beautiful dresses - you look terrific in them. Very helpful review!
*Pepper* said... (7/25/07 9:10 AM) Reply
You are stunning in that dress! I *must* have one.
ryan's mom said... (7/25/07 7:37 AM) Reply
Fantastic, ladyb! These are lovely dresses!!
morzel said... (7/25/07 5:56 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Especially the second one looks wonderful, I guess because of the neckline. Great! Would you mind telling how the skirt pattern part looks like? Half circle, quarter circle? Or rather flared? Thank you!
KathleenS said... (7/25/07 4:13 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I just bought this pattern so I'm glad to know it worked for someone else (and that it's quick!)
Em's Summer said... (7/25/07 4:03 AM) Reply
Your dresses are soo cool! I love that style! Great review!
EveS said... (7/24/07 9:36 PM) Reply
These are fabulous dresses and the fit is incredible!!! I believe I need a similar BB alteration...I'd love to see pics if you get an opportunity. Thanks for the great review!
Mary Reed said... (7/24/07 8:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful! And a good use of fabulous quilting cotton. Thank you for the very complete review.
bunz said... (7/24/07 8:21 PM) Reply
They're both beautiful! I think the first one looks more retro than the beige print one.
lisaquilts said... (7/24/07 8:16 PM) Reply
Excellent work! Thanks for the review!
LauraTS said... (7/24/07 7:55 PM) Reply
The fit looks immaculate on these - gorgeous.
carolhope said... (7/24/07 7:30 PM) Reply
Wow! What a beautiful fit. These dresses remind me of what I used to wear in the 60s. I love both of them, especially the pink one. Great job in fabric choice and fitting.
CarolynGM said... (7/24/07 7:25 PM) Reply
The fit is awesome, especially on the second dress. Excellent review too.