Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6429 (Misses' Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:7/28/07 11:14 PM
Last Updated:7/29/07 9:55 AM

Kathi R said... (12/12/09 9:24 PM) Reply
Thanks for the detail on your elastic application, I'l lhave to keep my eyes open for that type of product.
clarice said... (8/21/07 12:10 PM) Reply
i love this dress in your photo, and the others too. the only thing keeping me frome making it is the hem . i have such a problem with knits when it come to hems. i do petty good with the side seams but , the hems is soooo' tackie to the point it causes me to give up. if you have any pointer please help'
CynthiaSue said... (7/30/07 10:58 PM) Reply
Jeez, always LOVE something that makes me run out to buy the pattern IMMEDIATELY. THank you!!
loridiane said... (7/30/07 1:43 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!
Margie T said... (7/29/07 5:24 PM) Reply
Love your work - beautiful sewing.
khurtdvm said... (7/29/07 4:32 PM) Reply
I love your fabric!
slee said... (7/29/07 2:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for updating the info on the ribbon. I will try to look for them.
Annette1 said... (7/29/07 2:24 PM) Reply
I think you must write the best reviews on here! :o) Before I even commented, I did a Google search for "fold-over elastic," I like your neckline so well. I did get some results, and it looks this, at Fay's Fabrics, might be close to what you have, and they have lots of colors, too: http://faysfabrics.com/Elastic.htm Here's the really sad part: I think I HAD some of this elastic at one time that I bought in bulk at a Pendleton's outlet, but I didn't really know what to do with it -- ha! Maybe I still have it. I'll have to check in The Black Hole. Your dress turned out perfectly. Your fabric is so fun and, as you said, drapes beautiful. Thanks for another informative review.
Levone said... (7/29/07 11:12 AM) Reply
Such a lovely dress. It looks great on you! Thanks for the details on how you applied the elastic.
CarolynGM said... (7/29/07 10:58 AM) Reply
Gorgeous drape. Thanks for the info on the elastic.
Nancy K said... (7/29/07 10:52 AM) Reply
Love how you did the trim. Great idea. Will have to remember this tip. Great dress on you. Great dress period. How did I miss this one?
mahalosu said... (7/29/07 10:39 AM) Reply
I have made this dress 3 times now, and I think the back is my favorite part. It is so girly. You did a great job. I love learning about the elastic.
Marji said... (7/29/07 10:18 AM) Reply
Kay that is such a flattering long lean look on you. Love Mokuba, I wasn't aware they were making an elastic. Some of Their ribbons are avail here locally. Thanks for the resource info.
carolynw said... (7/29/07 9:48 AM) Reply
Very, very nice - I am still behind you - had the pattern out yesterday but folded it and put away. Possibly won't get to it until Fall. Your review is very helpful and wil definitely check out Mokuba if I'm in the city this coming week as I really like theneckline finish you show.
MissCelie said... (7/29/07 9:16 AM) Reply
Ooooh. Love that neckline detail. Does the elastic have a specific name or type?
2BSewing said... (7/29/07 8:57 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful on you!
Vonnevo said... (7/29/07 8:32 AM) Reply
Fabulous Kay !!
Karla Kizer said... (7/29/07 6:06 AM) Reply
Ditto to all the other enthusiastic comments. Great fabric - and I WANT that elastic.
BillieJean said... (7/29/07 5:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!!! Please tell us the name of that elastic. It looks wonderful on your dress. Billie
hongkongshopper said... (7/29/07 4:22 AM) Reply
I love this dress and your version is lovely!
Schnauzer said... (7/29/07 1:40 AM) Reply
VERY nice! I love that fabric!
oracle said... (7/29/07 1:26 AM) Reply
Wow. I just had to look at the photo again and again. You've done a really great job! Maybe I'll see you and your dress on the street in Toronto! (I won't know you; but I'll know your dress!)
Dee2 said... (7/29/07 0:29 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress--you look great in it! The elastic on the neckline is a nice detail. Is it special elastic? Thanks for the review.
SusiM said... (7/29/07 0:21 AM) Reply
This dress looks great on you. Very lovely. I like the contrast of the black piping around the front.
slee said... (7/29/07 0:19 AM) Reply
Your dress looks wonderful on you! I really like the neckline. How did you do the neckline? What size ribbon did you use?
Puppy said... (7/28/07 11:39 PM) Reply
Ooooh, I like that!
Birgitte said... (7/28/07 11:31 PM) Reply
You look fantastic in that dress- It looks like something from Barneys or Saks! Great fabric!

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2010-7