Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

• Pressing Leather
    • Sewing Darts
    • Inserting Zipper
    • Finishing
  9. Bonus: A 29 page PDF document showing step by step photos of all the different types of darts and seams. ">Leather 101 Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3497 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:Seamingly Simple

About Seamingly Simplestarstarstarstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:7/29/07 5:11 PM
Last Updated:7/29/07 8:15 PM

jaimielaura said... (8/21/13 2:55 AM) Reply
Thank you for the comments regarding elastic for the arm holes. I have noticed exactly the same thing as a problem for me. I am really surprised others have not mentioned it.
Heatherrique said... (7/31/07 2:05 AM) Reply
Sensational! Those tops look more appealing and tempting than KS's version! In version C, I had to take a second look, because your gorgeous face looks very familiar!
martinanne said... (7/30/07 5:11 PM) Reply
Very thorough review! I love seeing all three views made up. THanks!!
Danvillegirl said... (7/30/07 5:37 AM) Reply
Great job with all three tops. Helpful tip on gathering. Really nice looking tops. You have inspired me to pull out my pattern and make a few.
Sew4Fun said... (7/29/07 11:30 PM) Reply
Excellent review! 10/10. All your tops look great. Thanks for bringing View C to my attention as I have this pattern and didn't notice it. Also thanks for the tip about the elastic attachment. I have one of these too :-) but I never thought to use it to apply clear stabilising elastic.
Frogstitcher said... (7/29/07 9:14 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Three great looks with one pattern! I agree that View C would make an nice top to wear under a suit jacket for the office. Good save by applying elastic around the armholes to prevent gaping. Your review of all three versions will be helpful to anyone attempting this pattern.
bunz said... (7/29/07 7:52 PM) Reply
How great to get such different looks from one pattern - fantastic!
Nancywin said... (7/29/07 7:28 PM) Reply
I might have to try this one. Most wrap tops seem to want to cross right across the bust rather than under it. This one looks like it works. Nice fabric choice on all three - I like what you've done.
Nancywin said... (7/29/07 7:27 PM) Reply
Levone said... (7/29/07 5:39 PM) Reply
Great looking tops!
2BSewing said... (7/29/07 5:32 PM) Reply
All three of your tops look fantastic! Great idea using fancy knit for view C. :)
KarenP said... (7/29/07 5:19 PM) Reply
Very nice! They all look great. Thanks for the tip about attaching the clear elastic on your serger. I may try that with the top I am about to start.