Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5205 (Boat Neck Top)

Reviewed by:Tina C

About Tina Cstar
AZ USA
Member since: 1/3/03
Posted on:2/22/03 9:39 PM
Last Updated:2/22/03 11:35 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Tina C said... (2/23/03 11:04 PM) Reply
One thing I would add if using this fabric: if you intend to bind the neckline (which I think looks better) I would attach the binding so it's shorter in the front - I think it might lay on front a little neater as I found there to be more neckline in the front than I actually need. Again, this was my first experience sewing with a stretch fabric and I've learned alot through (and after) the process!
Diane E said... (2/23/03 9:18 PM) Reply
Tina, this is very very pretty! I haven't yet made the boatneck version and your review reminds me to get going. I love the fabric you used - so dressy and special.
Debbie Spriggs said... (2/23/03 3:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful top, Tina, and a great fabric choice. I've been eyeing these EOS knits too, I appreciate seeing one made up.
Tina C said... (2/23/03 12:41 PM) Reply
Rhonda, I have to agree that this fabric makes a very nice top although it does snag a bit easily. You'll have to post your finished shirt - I'd love to see another version - just make sure to do a sleeve muslin first!
Rhonda Noah said... (2/23/03 12:18 PM) Reply
I've been looking at the beige EOS has in this fabric, and may have to get it, along with this pattern. Your top looks great! BTW, if you get the email from Timmel Fabrics, the rumor has it that next week's special with be this pattern and the boucles on her site. ;-)
Tina C said... (2/23/03 0:10 AM) Reply
Karen, the funny thing is, I never considered myself full-busted. I was a AA cup forever - I didn't even wear a bra with my wedding dress - but 3 kids... well you know...Even when I measure my bust for a pattern I can't believe the measuring tape! I wish I had done a sleeve muslin on this one - I checked everything BUT the sleeves. Next time....
Karen Bowers said... (2/23/03 0:02 AM) Reply
tina, you and i are very similar in body type -- short-legged, full-busted, narrow shouldered pear! and i love this pattern, too. and you have also now discovered that LH's sleeves tend to be narrower than most women's arms. i usually have to redraft her sleeves, or at least do a sleeve muslin.
AnneM said... (2/22/03 9:48 PM) Reply
I am beginning to think I will have to get this pattern. Thanks for the review, including the sleeve situation!

by: FreyaStark