Pattern Reviews> Other> 2007 (Wardrobe Contest)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
AL
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:7/31/07 2:01 AM
Last Updated:8/1/07 1:37 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
Phillis2 said... (5/8/12 2:38 PM) Reply
Erica I'm just going through all your reviews and love everything you've done.
Kaitlinnegan said... (9/16/07 3:28 PM) Reply
Your wardrobe is so inspiring! I have thought about doing something like this, but was afraid the results might end up boring -- you have shown me that it doesn't have to be! Very well done.
Amy S. said... (8/27/07 7:28 AM) Reply
The wardrobe is fabulous! I am so impressed that these beautiful clothes can all be hand made. Very inspirational.
WJean said... (8/23/07 2:06 PM) Reply
Hey Girl, You did a wonderful job on creating a wardrobe. Congratulations!
Rina Rosenberg said... (8/23/07 11:53 AM) Reply
Loved the wardrobe - very inspiring! Will make me think about coordinating a lot more.
Trudy J said... (8/23/07 11:01 AM) Reply
Wow! Inspirational, impressive, and a great look. You created the whole 9 yards!
ItzMeSandrad said... (8/22/07 8:57 PM) Reply
Congrats Erica and good for you for sticking with it!
horseclothes said... (8/22/07 1:02 PM) Reply
Wow. The coordinated wardrobe is terrific.
jjc said... (8/21/07 9:15 PM) Reply
A great review, I will be purchasing three of the patterns.
Lynn M said... (8/20/07 9:24 AM) Reply
What a stunning collection! Beautiful garments and fabric choices. You're inspiring!
kathi s said... (8/20/07 2:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful, professional job! Love your choice of patterns and fabrics, all beutifully sewn. Congratualtions!
parisf said... (8/20/07 0:27 AM) Reply
Congratulations I was already impressed with your pretty white shirt but you made an entire wardrobe and then won the contest. Good for you!
buckcreekstitcher said... (8/19/07 7:55 PM) Reply
WOW...absolutely impressive...I loved your choices and the little "cocktail' dress is very nice! You did yourself proud young lady.
crisford said... (8/19/07 12:23 PM) Reply
Congratulations on winning the contest! What a beautiful collection! You're right--there's no reason for SAHM's not to look nice. Especially when there's more time to sew!
Robbie Jo said... (8/19/07 8:11 AM) Reply
You did a beautiful job. Love it!!
Sheila457 said... (8/7/07 9:11 PM) Reply
All of your garments are gorgeous, especially the dress and polka dot blouse.... Great Job and Good Luck.
busyozmum said... (8/5/07 10:54 PM) Reply
Your garments are absolutely stunning! Congratulations on finishing this awesome project.
Lou05 said... (8/4/07 10:13 PM) Reply
Absolutely spot on! You have chosen very flattering styles with a lot of fashion sense and maximized your choices. I love the variety and quality. You covered a lot of occasions...all while looking GREAT! A winner in my book.
Stephenie said... (8/3/07 10:34 PM) Reply
Love it! When I want to know what's in style and what patterns are must have, you know who I turn to.
tlmck3 said... (8/3/07 10:16 PM) Reply
You are one of my sewing icons, Ms. Erica. And one of my fashion icons as well. You always make such beautiful things...you have GOT to be THE best-dressed SAHM in the entire USA...when I think of how I look when I stay home.....I need to start looking at your blog MUCH more often for inspiration and motivation.
blue mooney said... (8/3/07 6:00 PM) Reply
Erica, you continue to be an inspiration! Love your B&W wardrobe!
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (8/3/07 1:44 PM) Reply
Absolutely wonderful!!!!
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/3/07 12:53 PM) Reply
I love, love your collection. Great job!
Nancy K said... (8/3/07 8:50 AM) Reply
Love your wardrobe, and I love your back story. Some really good advice for planning a wardrobe. As usual, every thing looks great on you.
Gold said... (8/2/07 0:09 AM) Reply
Love it all!!!Awesome job!!!Another job done well!!!
Erica B. said... (8/1/07 10:00 PM) Reply

Erica B. said... (8/1/07 9:58 PM) Reply
Markie, Thanks a lot but the dupioni top is black. The wardrobe is black & white. Black is hard to photograph and the lighting caused it to look a little brown.
gaby said... (8/1/07 8:53 PM) Reply
OK, I have a confession: I want everything that you sew. I love your website and EVERYTHING that you create! You are so talented. You are so inspiring, I always look forward to your reviews :)
Markie1 said... (8/1/07 8:27 PM) Reply
Hi Erica- As usual, you have created some beautiful clothing. You always have a little something extra to add interest, fabric choice (like the brown dupioni top) , or just beautiful fit. Congratulations on your beautiful wardrobe!
SillyValley said... (8/1/07 5:44 PM) Reply
Erica I really enjoy your reviews. You're open minded about new things and you don't seem to get in fabric ruts. You know your body and you know your style. Thanks for all the effort you put into your reviews and blog entries!
Heathar said... (8/1/07 4:12 PM) Reply
Lovely!
AnneM said... (8/1/07 2:57 PM) Reply
Great wardrobe, fantastic job. All the pieces look nice, and your little jacket goes so well with everything. Congratulations on making all of this.
Frozzy said... (8/1/07 2:33 PM) Reply
Each one of these pieces are great, as a group, WOW! What an inspirational review. Thank you so much.
Birgitte said... (8/1/07 2:17 PM) Reply
Commitment, integrity- and most of all- STYLE! Your collection says a lot about you. Congratulations!
Erica B. said... (8/1/07 2:07 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies for all of your wonderful comments. This was a labor of love for me.
kim*brown said... (8/1/07 1:53 PM) Reply
Expertly done!!
Ingiepops said... (7/31/07 11:59 PM) Reply
Bravo! What a lovely collection! As a SAHM myself it'a great to see how you put together a stylish collection to suit different aspects of your lifestyle. (It's also a relief to hear how fabulous sewists such as yourself also have the occasional hiccup!)
jnamcd said... (7/31/07 11:23 PM) Reply
Awesome collection! You are by far the best dressed SAHM I know!! I want to be like you!! :)
Karen6790 said... (7/31/07 7:16 PM) Reply
If I saw your collection in a store, I would want to try on almost every piece of it. You've been busy - and as usual, your workmanship is fabulous.
Tany said... (7/31/07 4:10 PM) Reply
What a great set of garments! Very well done!
Levone said... (7/31/07 2:58 PM) Reply
Wonderful pieces and great review of them!
morzel said... (7/31/07 2:51 PM) Reply
Wonderful wardrobe!! This spring I bought lots of black&white fabric to make a classic collection some (other) time... Well, now you did it! It looks great and not classic but so very stylish!!
Levone said... (7/31/07 1:57 PM) Reply
Wonderful pieces and great review of them!
Hilary said... (7/31/07 1:54 PM) Reply
All of your pieces look *GREAT*; beautiful work!!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (7/31/07 1:30 PM) Reply
Erica, your wardrobe is beautiful! Your first seven pieces inspired me to enter this contest. I'm so glad to see that you finished.
colormefun said... (7/31/07 12:42 PM) Reply
tres chic!
narcissaqtpie said... (7/31/07 11:43 AM) Reply
great wardobe!
Izzie said... (7/31/07 11:34 AM) Reply
Beautiful! (as always). This looks like something from a fancy boutique catalog.
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/31/07 10:56 AM) Reply
I was hoping you'd get your collection posted! It is fabulous - you did a wonderful job and I always admire your style and construction.
cindyann said... (7/31/07 10:40 AM) Reply
Fabo swap, Erica. I love , love the pieces you selected. Such a great eye for items that are stylish and flattering for your figure. Congrats for following through with this extended project. You should be proud of yourself!
Leora said... (7/31/07 10:35 AM) Reply
Great job pulling together an all around workable collection. Congrats!
Christina Sonja said... (7/31/07 9:47 AM) Reply
Totally fabulous. I'm totally jealous.
Nancywin said... (7/31/07 9:16 AM) Reply
Perfect, as usual. A very nice collection and you did a great job on your composite as well.
carolynw said... (7/31/07 9:04 AM) Reply
I just love everything you have put together - maybe because I am partial to black and white - wish I could steal your wardrobe!! Great work Erica
Marji said... (7/31/07 8:44 AM) Reply
Fabulous!
Bonnie O said... (7/31/07 8:29 AM) Reply
WOW! That turned out awesome. I love every piece. I've been waiting to see the ruffle sleeve jacket. Love it!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/31/07 8:16 AM) Reply
Beautiful work, I really like the planning approach you took to arrive at this collection.
Beve said... (7/31/07 8:00 AM) Reply
Great collection and wonderful workmanship! Now will you plan one for me???
LuC said... (7/31/07 7:59 AM) Reply
This looks like a runway collection. Great Job!
boppingbeth said... (7/31/07 7:32 AM) Reply
Gorgeous work Erica. Great job.
MissCelie said... (7/31/07 7:14 AM) Reply
Ohhh Erica. Thank you so much for leaving this collection to me! I will take care of it well. Oh, what? All this fabulosity is for you? Sigh.
LauraLo said... (7/31/07 7:03 AM) Reply
Erica, I was wondering where you disappeared! Great wardrobe, very stylish indeed.
Nancy K said... (7/31/07 6:55 AM) Reply
You have a fabulous, well thought out wardrobe. The pieces really work well together and each piece is well done, as are all your clothes. Brava!
Vonnevo said... (7/31/07 6:52 AM) Reply
Totally Fabulous ! Well done Erica
susinok said... (7/31/07 6:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful collection, Erica! Great job!

by: gabc

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sewing Workshop Icon Shirt