Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants
JStern Womens Jeans and JStern Misses Jeans">Blueprints to Blue Jeans Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Other> Wardrobe Contest 2007 (Wardrobe Contest 2007)

Reviewed by:Eme

About Emestar
MA USA
Member since: 7/4/04
Posted on:7/31/07 10:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
KathleenS said... (8/18/07 10:20 PM) Reply
I like your colour combination and you were very sensible in your choice of patterns - nothing too ambitious, and all things you'll be able to make again many times without people noticing that it's the same design as the previous ones. I must do a SWAP wardrobe myself sometime.
Levone said... (8/5/07 8:06 PM) Reply
Great looking wardrobe and congrats on finishing! I hate I didn't get to finish, but I'm enjoying all of the reviews of those that did. I hope there's another soon also.
Eme said... (8/5/07 4:24 PM) Reply
Stephenie - Aw, such a sweet compliment! Thank you! And tlmck3 - I owe so much to this contest for improving my sewing skills and for developing my wardrobe style. It's hard to stay disciplined to one color palate through 10 items! I also learned the value of TNT patterns - once I had sewn it once, I could go back and say, now how can I improve this or put my own stamp on things? It was a great experience!
tlmck3 said... (8/3/07 10:08 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job--I never would have guessed you were a beginning sewer. great choices for a workable, expandable wardrobe and you've done a good job with fitting. I'm impressed at how much you pushed your skills. You are going to be a very, very expert sewer in very short order.
Stephenie said... (8/2/07 11:39 PM) Reply
Okay, now I'm going to have to sew another wardrobe...and copy yours! I love it. Casual chic. Just what I need.
Eme said... (8/2/07 10:20 PM) Reply
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't tell you all what a thrill it is to read all your sweet comments, they all mean so much to me! This contest has been rewarding in so many ways - and has really changed how I approach sewing and patterns - and your thoughtful feedback is icing on the cake! Mwah!
AnneM said... (8/2/07 4:40 PM) Reply
P.S. You have definitely updated your look from t-shirts & jeans. 'Casual Chic' Great job.
CarolynGM said... (8/1/07 4:12 PM) Reply
Well done, Eme! this is a great casual collection.
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/1/07 3:44 PM) Reply
You are a super stylin' Mom! Your wardrobe is great.
loridiane said... (8/1/07 11:47 AM) Reply
Great job, this is a really cute wardrobe!
ldpaulson said... (8/1/07 11:13 AM) Reply
The photos tell the story ... you look extremely proud and comfy in your new clothing. (I have a book with a bib and burpcloth pattern I can share. You need to protect these new garments from the urp onslaught!) Great job!
yummymummy38 said... (8/1/07 9:29 AM) Reply
love your navy top on you, must try this one, colour combo makes you look like a yummy mummy!
Sew4Fun said... (8/1/07 7:08 AM) Reply
A great wardrobe of clothes. Very practical yet stylish, which is what every mom needs.
AnneM said... (8/1/07 6:17 AM) Reply
I love your wardrobe and your pictures. You did a fantastic job. And to learn so many additional items while copleting such a large project is even more spectacular.
LauraLo said... (8/1/07 5:35 AM) Reply
Eme, it is lovely! So practical and laid back and yet so trendy
morzel said... (8/1/07 2:51 AM) Reply
This is a great summerwardrobe! Practical and stylish. Like this blue/white/brown theme.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (7/31/07 11:29 PM) Reply
You did it! Is there an award for finishing closest to the deadline? Seriously, your clothes look great. Not home-made or beginner. Congratulations.
poppyq said... (7/31/07 11:10 PM) Reply
What a fabulous wardrobe you have created! All looks great on you, like you feel comfortable in it. Best wishes!

Victory Nicola Paper Pattern