Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8379 (Misses Wrap Dress)

Reviewed by:snowflake girl

Posted on:8/3/07 9:25 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Other Projects by snowflake girl using this Pattern

snowflake girl said... (8/4/07 4:28 PM) Reply
Wow, thank you all for your comments and help. I think I will go with no trim. I was leaning that way but just needed the push. Now to find a great pair of shoes and jewery. This is such a tough color, not sure what I was thinking when I ordered this fabric.
bunz said... (8/4/07 1:41 PM) Reply
Trim. And beautiful construction!
Shellia said... (8/4/07 9:21 AM) Reply
It looks good without the trim, use interesting accessories.
Lynnelle said... (8/4/07 8:18 AM) Reply
No trim, nice accessories.
morzel said... (8/4/07 8:15 AM) Reply
I say the dress looks good, with or without. But YOU donīt seem to be content! Honestly, would you wear it without trim but assesories? Would this change your opinion of it being boring? Or would it rather be hanging in the closet, being labeled "too dull"? You put work and time into this baby, so if the chance of wearing it increases with the trim, do it! (Personally, I love the trim idea and will keep this in the back of my mind! Itīs an easy "wow"-effect)
CarolynGM said... (8/4/07 7:09 AM) Reply
Another vote here for no trim, but nice accessories.
Robbie Jo said... (8/4/07 6:53 AM) Reply
No trim with amazing accessories and Kick a** shoes. Looked at your portfolio, good stuff there!
Linda G said... (8/4/07 5:57 AM) Reply
Cute dress, I would go without the trim and have it in my closet as a basic wardrobe piece. I would consider the color almost a basic that could be worn with blue jeans.
SillyValley said... (8/4/07 3:41 AM) Reply
I like the trim too
christinawo said... (8/4/07 1:11 AM) Reply
I vote no trim, and great jewelery or accessories. Very sophisticated.
sewbehind said... (8/3/07 11:54 PM) Reply
I like your dress without the trim. That is my vote. Go nuts with accessories, or not.
rosannec said... (8/3/07 10:28 PM) Reply
Without, I think. At least without the peach as laid out in the photo. I find it a bit too reminiscent of some airline uniform trimmings, etc. However, maybe a tonal satin slinky in a darker color for the neck binding and the sash might be nice. Either that or maybe something similar but with metallic threads or sequins or something (tonal here). Or, just pair it with some really long beads and chunky bracelets. Simple and fun!
cafelatte said... (8/3/07 10:16 PM) Reply
Go without the trim, your dress is beautiful!.
michellep74 said... (8/3/07 10:11 PM) Reply
Looks good both ways, but if it were my dress, I'd leave the trim off and dress up or down with accessories.
JuliaS said... (8/3/07 9:57 PM) Reply
I too think it looks more sophisticated without the trim. Nothing wrong with a simple, pared-down dress to wear with great shoes and accessories!
svenskaflicka said... (8/3/07 9:39 PM) Reply
Looks great! I'd leave it as is. This is one of those great "blank canvas" pieces that let you have complete freedom with accessories. I think it looks more sophisticated without the trim.
CSM--Carla said... (8/3/07 9:37 PM) Reply
Love the dress with the trim. Defines the lines--diagonal and vertical--very slenderizing. Thanks for your review!
mahalosu said... (8/3/07 9:36 PM) Reply
I vote for trim.
JeanM said... (8/3/07 9:32 PM) Reply
Nice job! - but definitely I would put trim on, I think - it helps define the lines of the dress and provides a little "pop!" visually.

Understanding Interfacings