Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2007-107 (Top with gathers and bow)

Reviewed by:Seamingly Simple

About Seamingly Simplestarstarstarstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:8/6/07 0:12 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Winifred said... (10/9/07 12:20 PM) Reply
I am making this at the moment. Its my first BWOF and my first knit. I too had to lift the front a lot and I used clear elastic to stabilise the whole neck. Its gapping a bit at the sides so will see if i can sort it out when i put the bow on. Lovely style & will make again probably.
SewTwin said... (8/13/07 4:09 AM) Reply
Love the top, haven't sewn the BWOF's yet.Will be trying this soon?
fuzzygalore said... (8/8/07 3:03 AM) Reply
I've been looking at this top myself, and been puzzled by the contradictory thing of center front seam or not. Looks from the drawing that there -is- one, which would make the gathering much more straightforward. But you should be putting clear elastic in all your necklines, they'd be better even if you didn't obviously -need- it :-).
martinanne said... (8/7/07 10:28 AM) Reply
This is one of the few things i'm interested in this issue. Glad to see it reviewed. Thanks! Your top looks very nice!
Heatherrique said... (8/6/07 5:53 PM) Reply
Always, wonderful fit and fabulous style! As always, I look forward to your reviews!
lmg said... (8/6/07 1:55 PM) Reply
Wonderful. This is a must sew for me from this issue. Glad to see it went together well.
zetor said... (8/6/07 1:00 PM) Reply
That looks good. I've just seen the magazine, I like the solid colour rather than stripes.
Levone said... (8/6/07 11:43 AM) Reply
Nice top, yours looks much better than the one in the magazine. I can't wait to see your dress.
SarahSM said... (8/6/07 1:16 AM) Reply
Looks lovely... Thanks for the review! Great tip about this elastic.
Vonnevo said... (8/6/07 1:07 AM) Reply
Fabulous !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marita Kinnula said... (8/6/07 0:59 AM) Reply
Avery nice top, not to mention the rest of them, I liked all of them.
Annette1 said... (8/6/07 0:30 AM) Reply
I really like the lines of this top, and it looks great on you!
Frogstitcher said... (8/6/07 0:19 AM) Reply
Looks like a good fit although a little difficult to see due to the black color. The neckline looks perfect and I like that you used ribbon for the bow. Can't wait to see your red power dress once it's done.

Burda 7125