Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3799 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:MelissaB in WA

Last Updated:8/6/07 1:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants
slanden99 said... (8/11/07 2:28 PM) Reply
Cute dress! I like the belt---really adds a nice touch
EveS said... (8/8/07 9:34 PM) Reply
This dress just makes me smile!!! I looove the fabric (of course!) and it looks great w/ the belt. Good call!
j222b said... (8/7/07 5:56 PM) Reply
Nice dress. Cute comment about your Grandma--be sure to copy it and a picture of your dress for your children to enjoy at some later time; a happy, sweet family vignette!!
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/7/07 12:46 PM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute!
crisford said... (8/7/07 11:13 AM) Reply
Looks great on you! Play up the retro theme.
Lori V said... (8/7/07 0:19 AM) Reply
Love it, the fabric is so cute and the tie is a nice addition. You must have a fantastic wardrobe.
Levone said... (8/6/07 6:54 PM) Reply
Pretty dress....love your belt addition as well.
Hilary said... (8/6/07 6:06 PM) Reply
You look *great* in this, Melissa! I love the fabric choice :p I just made a top very much like your dress (Simp 3751) and I love it too. Nice work!
Vonnevo said... (8/6/07 4:32 PM) Reply
Gorgeous Melissa ! Can we do a straight swap please - our sunshine for some of your WA rain :)
mssewcrazy said... (8/6/07 4:09 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern from a seller on ebay for my daughter- she had asked about one that had this sort of band as she saw one in a magazine that a star was wearing that had the band embellished. We will still have a lot of hot weather here before it cools down. I think you always look so nice in patterns that I want to go buy them all. Simplicity should hire you to model the patterns.
mssewcrazy said... (8/6/07 3:54 PM) Reply
Your grandma would be correct - you look very " chicky" in this. My 23 yr old unmarried daughter would be mad at me if she were seeing all these cute young dresses and tops you are whipping out almost daily. You must be the best dressed young lady in your area. That dress is beautiful. I could see another in a solid with stones,etc on the band also- perhaps even as a belted or unbelted top.
KarenP said... (8/6/07 3:32 PM) Reply
So cute! I love all the dresses you have made this summer - makes me want a summer dress wardrobe!
Mufffet said... (8/6/07 2:37 PM) Reply
VERY pretty - nice summery print. You do look good in this!
Marita Kinnula said... (8/6/07 2:34 PM) Reply
Very pretty Melissa, you look great in dresses:-)

BurdaStyle Magazine 09-2011-128