Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3063 (Misses Swimsuits & Pants)

Reviewed by:MelissaB in WA

About MelissaB in WAstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 3/18/04
Posted on:8/6/07 3:31 PM
Last Updated:8/6/07 3:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
MelissaB in WA said... (6/16/08 11:16 AM) Reply
Jilly, my swimsuit fabric had 4-way stretch. Never made suits with fabric that had only 2-way so I can't comment on that, sorry!
Jilly said... (6/16/08 1:03 AM) Reply
Hi, I was wondering did you use 2 way stretch spandex or 4 way. I here 4 way is what RTW uses. Just wondering if you had a preference. Thanks, Jilly
Crkmep said... (10/25/07 7:44 AM) Reply
Thanks for the input, can't wait to try the pattern.
slanden99 said... (8/11/07 2:32 PM) Reply
Nice swimming suit! I'm definitely putting this on my wishlist. Love the halter top
ELizabeth_Atl said... (8/8/07 4:39 PM) Reply
The suit is adorable. I can't believe you have four children!!!
Mufffet said... (8/7/07 3:35 PM) Reply
WOW. You are a Mommy?! O.K...well, you look terrific. Very nice color and good sewing job.
cindy-lou said... (8/7/07 7:32 AM) Reply
Okay, Melissa, let's clear things up here: HOW many babies have you had?!?!? You look AWESOME! The fact that your swimsuit is way better than RTW doesn't hurt at all, either. Great swimsuit pieces, too, which really 'suit' you (pun intended)! Great work!
fuzzygalore said... (8/7/07 3:34 AM) Reply
Isn't it wonderful to get advice from.. similarly configured friends :-)? Saves oodles of time and frustration. And your results are great. Happy swimming!
CynthiaSue said... (8/6/07 11:21 PM) Reply
Cute! I was looking at this pattern but could not decide on the bottoms. They look great!
martinanne said... (8/6/07 9:48 PM) Reply
"IBTC" ROFL Melissa, you crack me up. You look amazing in that suit, and the top is PERFECT for you! It looks fantastic!
squilts said... (8/6/07 4:31 PM) Reply
Glad you found a top that works for you after your struggles with 3238! This short halter looks great on you.
oracle said... (8/6/07 4:27 PM) Reply
MelissaB, it all just looks so good! I envy you being able to wear a halter-style top like that, whether bathing-suit or otherwise. My larger-than-DD cup size needs both industrial-strength support plus more coverage than any style I've seen out there yet provides! Still, I think I may someday experiment with KS 3063. *** Rhonda in Montreal -- if you're seeing this, I'm going to be in Montreal from this Friday (the 9th) until the 19th. I'd love your recommendations about fabric stores there! I can't PM you, but if you'd like to, you could e-mail me at oracle@eagle.ca. Thanks! And MelissaB, I always enjoy your projects and will continue to watch for them.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (8/6/07 3:34 PM) Reply
Really Cute, Melissa!! (Won't be showing my DH THIS pic! He'd have me jogging to @#$ just to try to get so cute & trim...) Enjoy! I could see you using the halter with shorts/jeans. Maybe the top of an evening outfit...

Understanding Knit Fabrics