Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3330 (Misses Swimsuits and wraps)

Reviewed by:MelissaB in WA

About MelissaB in WAstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 3/18/04
Posted on:8/6/07 3:46 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
Summermom24 said... (6/7/09 11:30 PM) Reply
LOVE the suit! I was considering the same combination. I have 4 little ones (oldest is 8 youngest is 3 weeks) so I feel more confortable with a skirt when bending over and picking up kids, and well my breast need the support after having 4 little ones ;)
kim*brown said... (9/2/07 10:46 PM) Reply
That is adorable. I'm so jealous that you have kids and can still show your belly off!
XandraReynolds said... (8/19/07 5:27 PM) Reply
Love it-looks a la 1940's vintage!
MelissaB in WA said... (8/16/07 10:44 AM) Reply
Sharon, yes I just used a rolled hem on my serger. I had woolly nylon in both loopers so it has nice coverage. I also stretched the fabric as I serged and had the differential feed turned down so that my hem would be a little lettuce-y. Hope that helps you!
SharonB said... (8/15/07 9:49 PM) Reply
Cute swimsuit. How did you hem the skirt? Did you use a rolled hem? Do you have any tips? My serger is old and cranky.
slanden99 said... (8/11/07 2:35 PM) Reply
Cute! Love the swim skirt--fun but comfortable
EveS said... (8/8/07 9:37 PM) Reply
This makes a very strong case for making my own swimwear! It's awesome...both styles!
mewiththree said... (8/8/07 4:42 PM) Reply
That is so darn cute! I have been dying to try a swimsuit pattern! And 1.99/yd! What a bargain!!
MelissaB in WA said... (8/8/07 9:31 AM) Reply
Oh gosh Sherril, you're going tokill me, but I swear it's good genetics that I have. My exercise comes in the form of chasing kids around the house! LOL Truly they have all been good to me and while I gained weight being pregnant, they sucked it right off of me when they started nursing (I feel so blessed!).
SandraB said... (8/7/07 7:56 PM) Reply
Your swimsuit looks great Melissa. Very cute.
mssewcrazy said... (8/7/07 4:07 PM) Reply
I am so impressed by all your sewing. You are right about the nicer swimwear being expensive plus there is no custom option other than stretched out spandex if one area needs to be larger than the other. I liked your children's swimwear also that you reviewed. You really work hard to get all this sewing done.
Soliel said... (8/7/07 2:02 PM) Reply
Wow that is a very stylish attractive suit. I am impressed.
Sherril Miller said... (8/7/07 12:28 PM) Reply
Melissa, you forgot to answer Martinanne, how do you look so fantastic? You look great in that very nice bathing suit. Please tell me you work really hard starving yourself and you exercise like a fiend.
MelissaB in WA said... (8/7/07 9:43 AM) Reply
Gosh you're all so sweet ~ thank you for your kind words! Sara, I really don't have a best tip for sewing swimwear. I just followed the Kwik Sew instructions and they were excellent. I did use woolly nylon in the loopers of my serger for extra stretch, maybe that should be my tip. Now get sewing, it's very fun!
Jeanninem said... (8/7/07 7:13 AM) Reply
Melissa, that is adorable, and what a great fit.
zora said... (8/7/07 6:21 AM) Reply
I really like those skirt bottoms! Very cute!
Lori V said... (8/7/07 0:17 AM) Reply
Great swimsuit, you look fantastic and I like the top on you.
martinanne said... (8/6/07 9:40 PM) Reply
Melissa, you're killing me! How can you look so good after having four kids??? I have four kids and it's very obvious by my belly. I couldn't pull of an adorable two piece suit like that one. You look amazing and that is SUCH a GREAT swimsuit! I love it!!
Levone said... (8/6/07 6:51 PM) Reply
Very cute, love your swimsuit and fabric.
SaraD said... (8/6/07 6:18 PM) Reply
They all look great! What would be your best tip for sewing swimwear, for some of us who haven't tried yet.
Heatherrique said... (8/6/07 5:58 PM) Reply
Very attractive!
bunz said... (8/6/07 5:18 PM) Reply
Wow!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (8/6/07 4:41 PM) Reply
That wrap is really CUTE, Melissa!! Looks feminine & flirty!! Have Fun!
Rhoda K said... (8/6/07 3:54 PM) Reply
Great looking swimsuit and t looks great on you! Love the skirt pattern, but since I'm a bit older with a bit of fluff, I'll raise the waistline a bit ;-)

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS