Pattern Reviews> Brown Paper Patterns> Top Package One (Top Package One)

Reviewed by:KarenP

About KarenPstar
NV USA
Member since: 8/19/02
Posted on:2/25/03 6:00 PM
Last Updated:3/12/03 6:18 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
SewTerri said... (6/17/03 11:35 PM) Reply
Outstanding. Thank you for taking the time to document your work for all of us!
KarenP said... (3/13/03 2:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Gigi, I've been eyeing that alteration in FFRP so now I know I need to do it.
Diane E said... (3/13/03 1:01 AM) Reply
Karen, I've also finally concluded that I need to take the tuck Gigi mentions in my patterns. I never could figure out why my tops pool above my waist, but the "swayback" explains all. This is a good review and you are asking all the right questions. Can't wait to see your next top.
Gigi Louis said... (3/12/03 7:56 PM) Reply
Karen, your back looks just like mine! Yes, you need to make a sway back adjustment. Take a horizontal dart/tuck in your paper pattern tapering to nothing at the side seam. You will not be able to get the excess length out in the CB seam - but the CB seam is great for fine-tuning the fit and if you make a sway back alteration the CB seam will curve in where you curve in giving you a much better fit.
Andi said... (3/4/03 3:20 PM) Reply
I found that the full front was way too big for me. I usually do a full bust adjustment, since I am a c cup. I used the regular front and it fit perfectly! Go figure!!!
SouthernStitch said... (2/26/03 0:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for the info, Karen, as I have been thinking about these Brown Paper patterns. When you get your picture posted, I'll bet someone can "read the wrinkles".

SewBaby Travel High Chair Pattern