Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5335 (coordinates)

Reviewed by:Linda G

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates

Other Projects by Linda G using this Pattern

Seamingly Simple said... (1/6/08 11:00 AM) Reply
These look great with the cropped jacket. What a stylish ensemble.
Annette1 said... (12/10/07 5:47 PM) Reply
Now that's a great-fitting pair of pants. You ought to make a pair in every color, they look so nice on you!
marjenann said... (12/10/07 3:57 PM) Reply
I am soooo jealous!! Your pants look great, front and back! I just ordered th PP book on fitting pants!! I hope my look half as good as yours!!!!
Mobycat said... (12/9/07 9:21 PM) Reply
Very nice pants. I have used Sandra Betzina's method in Power Sewing to apply the interfacing to the seam allowance. As soon as I fused the interfacing to the seam, I knew it wouldn't last, so I whip stitched both sides of the interfacing strips to the seam and it hasn't come off. After all that, I realized the reason my seams were wrinkled ( your's looks ok) was because I had used the dual duty cotton wrapped polyester thread to sew the pants. When I wound the bobbin, I held the thread taunt to get the most thread on the bobbin. I now know this stretches the thread and is not a good thing. The interfacing made a big difference.
Birgitte said... (12/9/07 7:49 PM) Reply
What a fit!!! Fantastic job!
RuthieSews said... (8/8/07 6:34 PM) Reply
Linda great Job! Nothing to add technique wise but great for completing an item so nearly done.
Mufffet said... (8/7/07 3:44 PM) Reply
VERY nicely fit. Very impressive - these look so nice on you. As one who is just finishing Shannon's class here on PR in Pnats muslin and making a master pattern, I fully appreciate the ramifications of getting a good pants fit. All these years I have had so-so pants - and one hideous pair I reviewed here on PR. NOW I may go back to that Park Bench Pattern armed with more skill in pants. You certainly are adept at fitting. Those pants really...well, I cannot put it into words. I have been obsessed with pants fit since my class began, and yours are the best fit I have seen yet.
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/7/07 12:30 PM) Reply
I read about the seam interfacing in Power Sewing also. Haven't tried it though. Your pants look great!
carolynw said... (8/7/07 8:54 AM) Reply
Great looking pants but you made me laugh at your account that after reading the Palmer Pletch book you KNEW you could make perfect pants - hey - been there done that and so can share the laugh with you. But one of these days am gonna come busting out with perfec tpants - I KNOW THAT!
CynthiaSue said... (8/6/07 11:23 PM) Reply
these look totally professional. what a lovely drape!
Birgitte said... (8/6/07 9:06 PM) Reply
Fabulous and very flattering!
Heatherrique said... (8/6/07 8:03 PM) Reply
Linda, those pants are sizzling on you! Super job!
OP Gal said... (8/6/07 7:49 PM) Reply
I envy you the great fit of your pants. Great job.
krawz said... (8/6/07 7:42 PM) Reply
You went through a lot to get there but the pants look great! It looks like it was worth the effort. They really look store bought. I tried the Betzina method of fusing fusi-knit interfacing to the seams. That's the type of interfacing she recommends, it's made by HTC. I cut the pieces 1 1/4" and fused it to the pressed open seams on the inside of my shorts. It didn't last past the first wash! I think it might have done better if I had fused a wider piece but that might show.
kkkkaty said... (8/6/07 7:28 PM) Reply
Nice! great looking pants! i think I read in "Power Sewing", by Sandra betzina, that you cut the fusible interfacing the width of the seam (so 1 1/2, if they are 5/8 seams), and then fuse it to the nicely pressed seam. Can't swear to it, and I haven't tried it.

by: ladyteri