Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8151

Posted on:8/11/07 2:56 PM
Last Updated:8/11/07 2:56 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Leslie Bonner said... (8/27/07 3:07 PM) Reply
Your shirt turned out wonderfully - fit is great and love the fabric. I have made this t at least six times. After the first I reduced the ease in the sleeve cap. You draw two lines 1 1/4" from the center grain line (one line to the right of it and one line to the left of it). Cut the new lines about halfway down the sleeve, now overlap them at the sleeve cap and tape down. I believe I took at least 1/2" from sleeve cap. I also take another 1/2 to 1" out of the band for the neck so it really snugs up and lays flat against the kneck.
Peggym said... (8/17/07 6:55 PM) Reply
I have made a few of these tops and agree thet the band for the B version is too big a la pattern. I keep taking a little off each time until i am happy. It is a nice top.
sarahb said... (8/12/07 9:36 PM) Reply
you know, i think it looks more flattering snug. yours was actually my favorite version that i've seen in this pattern.
Meredith P said... (8/12/07 10:03 AM) Reply
To reduce ease in the sleeve cap, I would make a tuck across the sleeve cap, perpendicular to the grainline of the sleeve. Then true up the seamlines/cutting lines by blending. A 1/4" tuck would take approximately 1/2" ease out. It's not precisely 1/2" because of the curves of the sleeve cap seamlines, but you get the idea. Thanks for the review. I really like your shirt. Definitely wearable!
Leora said... (8/12/07 1:23 AM) Reply
I think I have some of that knit! LOL. Keep going with this pattern, it is a good base bodice, really. Wish I could help you with the sleeves, but haven't run across inst either. It always amazes me how different one knit works up from another. Looks good on you, and hope to see your future renditions.
mssewcrazy said... (8/11/07 3:17 PM) Reply
I like your shirt- I have this pattern stashed just waiting to be a shirt. I hope mine is as nice looking as yours and all these wonderful ones everyone is making.

Beyond the BoatNeck