Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1494: asymm skirt

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
ELizabeth_Atl said... (8/16/07 7:13 AM) Reply
I love it. Very cool.
malrene said... (8/15/07 11:14 AM) Reply
Great skirt! Your review has convinced me that I may tackle a Marfy pattern pretty soon.
Linda G said... (8/15/07 8:24 AM) Reply
Your skirt is very very cute. I like the idea of your decorative stitching...looks like something you would buy at an expensive boutique shop.
Danvillegirl said... (8/15/07 5:26 AM) Reply
What a cute skirt. Great job. I think it looks good on you!
MissCelie said... (8/15/07 2:37 AM) Reply
Wow. What a good looking skirt.
Marilyn N. said... (8/15/07 2:32 AM) Reply
Your skirt looks great & the stitching on your skirt looks better than the picture. I am glad to hear that the Marfy pattern was easy - I am intimidated by them.
ryankckids said... (8/14/07 10:12 PM) Reply
Amazing!!!! Can I have one ;-)?
julesberry said... (8/14/07 8:57 PM) Reply
lmg: Can't wait to see your review. How do you mean the flap is functional? The flap on the waistband of mine is a pocket flap. So it is functional. Is it supposed to do somethign else?! Really I cheated very badly on the waistband by using flat construction technique. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it should be done!
lmg said... (8/14/07 8:01 PM) Reply
Wow, very fashionable skirt! And very flattering. I just finished this one as well and constructed it TOTALLY differently from you and thought the flap was functional! Yikes/
ALY said... (8/14/07 7:54 PM) Reply
Great skirt, very unique. I like the way you constructed the skirt, with the decorative stitching on the seams.
bunz said... (8/14/07 4:54 PM) Reply
Totally kewl!!
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/14/07 4:53 PM) Reply
Too cute. Great job!
Liana said... (8/14/07 3:18 PM) Reply
I passed this pattern right by, but I think your skirt is just darling! Love the heavy denim tricks. Very cute.
LauraTS said... (8/14/07 2:52 PM) Reply
What an interesting skirt, and I love the topstitching detail that you did.
Marji said... (8/14/07 12:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I think this is def worth the try. Loved hearing how you worked out the heavy denim constructions too.
Luckylibbet said... (8/14/07 10:56 AM) Reply
That skirt looks terrific on you - great job!
Levone said... (8/14/07 9:51 AM) Reply
I love your skirt! It looks great on you.
Re Becca said... (8/14/07 9:47 AM) Reply
Very nice, and not a bit shabby! Welcome to the Marfy bandwagon! This looks very cute on you. I love the decorative stitching. I can't believe that yu did this in one day, very nicely done.
yorkshire lass said... (8/14/07 9:45 AM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this. I have this on my table to trace out and grade down and am a bit nervous. It is wonderful to see how it comes out in the flesh so to speak. Love your version and now can't wait to make mine.

by: Monabel