Mood Fabrics

Member since: 9/13/04
Posted on:8/21/07 2:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
BillieJean said... (4/1/10 6:04 AM) Reply
Hey, Annie11 - The zipper has brought more comments than any other part of the jacket I think. People are surprised to see it there. It is not uncomfortable at all. Go ahead and put it in.
annie11 said... (3/31/10 9:27 PM) Reply
Great jacket! It fits you perfectly. I am just making this now, and am stunned to find out that the zipper is supposed to go in the back. Would you recommend it, after wearing it, or would you just skip that part?
LianneM said... (10/1/07 8:32 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket and I love the fabric. I like the unusual back as well.
tweedcurtain said... (8/29/07 1:53 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous. I love the contrast ribbon and the fabric is divine. I never looked twice at this in the magazine, but now I am going to go back and have another look.
BillieJean said... (8/23/07 5:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for your comments, Barbara. I don't think my sleeve problem was because of my shoulder adjustment. I always make this adjustment and am able to get sleeves in, even Burda ones, without the problems I had this time. But who knows!
barbara quinn said... (8/22/07 3:19 PM) Reply
Great version of a jacket I totally overlooked in that issue! BillyJean, I wonder if your trouble with the sleeves wasn't at least in part because you, in effect, took out a half inch in the armhole circumferance when you made your sloping shoulder adjustment. Burda tends to draft high, narrow sleeves without much wiggle room for fudging more ease.
BillieJean said... (8/22/07 2:47 PM) Reply
Thanks all for your kind comments.
Kay Y said... (8/22/07 11:56 AM) Reply
This is really pretty and looks great with your skirt. Interesting zipper detail, and great photo work to show it to us all in one!
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/22/07 10:17 AM) Reply
I really like your jacket.
Nancy K said... (8/22/07 8:22 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket. Looks great on you
Vonnevo said... (8/22/07 8:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful Jacket. I am enjoying your reviews :)
Sea-my said... (8/22/07 6:55 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket!
Ruth C said... (8/21/07 8:19 PM) Reply
I've been eyeing this pattern. I'm glad you pioneered the way and provided such a helpful review. Thanks.
LauraTS said... (8/21/07 3:04 PM) Reply
Your picture link only goes to a tiny thumbnail, so I can't see the details. Sounds intriguing, though!

Shapes Three Fold Vest Pattern