Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 965 (Camisole and T-shirt)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:8/21/07 8:51 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Lingerie
JacquieH said... (5/16/10 8:11 PM) Reply
Patt. on way. Cant wait to try it out. You make sewing so easy to understand. love your blog.
appleton78 said... (5/18/08 8:38 AM) Reply
Great job on your cami's! Love this review...I am off to find this pattern! Thanks so much!
MareeAlison said... (10/2/07 11:03 PM) Reply
Belinda - these camis are great. The Brother double fold binder seems to do a great job - though the talent of the sewer has quite a bit to do with it I think. I still haven't plunged to get this because it's so expensive in Australia but seeing the work you do, does make it tempting. I wonder if I can buy it cheaper from the States with the great exchange rate now. Another thing to add to the list.
SewSewHappy said... (9/21/07 5:28 PM) Reply
I've been looking for this type garment. You did a great job. Certainly looks like a RTW piece! Beautiful!
busyozmum said... (8/23/07 8:11 AM) Reply
As always, a wonderful review. You're an inspiration to us. I have had this pattern for quite a long time and not tried it yet. After seeing your beautiful work, I feel I should give these cami's a go. I even have some powerdry from Ressy. LOL!
carolynw said... (8/22/07 2:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review - am definitely going to get this pattern. Been to the stores recently looking at camis and just stunned at the prices - I guess because I know how little fabric and time this takes I cannot pay close to $30!!
Stacy Sews said... (8/22/07 12:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I recently picked this pattern up and now am anxious to sew it up!
bunz said... (8/22/07 11:52 AM) Reply
Belinda - how can any of us continue now w/o a coverstitch machine?!! LOL!! You're always an inspiration.
Levone said... (8/22/07 9:51 AM) Reply
Great looking camis! I've had this pattern forever, I think it's time I put it to use as I hate spending so much for a simple top in the stores.
Karine said... (8/22/07 8:56 AM) Reply
Your bindings are amazing. You've given me some true inspiration for what I might be able to accomplish with my coverstitch machine with double fold binder! Thanks for the additional reference in your blog also!
Ronda Rae said... (8/22/07 7:38 AM) Reply
Some day I wish to sew as beautifully as you. Wow! Thanks for posting the blog, too.
ryan's mom said... (8/22/07 4:42 AM) Reply
Awesome! Makes me want to run out and buy a coverstitch machine too.
Marita Kinnula said... (8/22/07 4:40 AM) Reply
Greatlooking tops and awsome binding!! Marita
Sew4Fun said... (8/22/07 1:12 AM) Reply
Jacqui315, yes Mettler's Metroflock wooly nylon on the underside and ordinary sewing thread in the needles.
Jacqui315 said... (8/22/07 0:34 AM) Reply
Wonderful! These look just like my favorite RTW camisoles I wear. I do have a question - are you using a Wooly Nylon type thread on the underside of the coverstitch?
Sew4Fun said... (8/21/07 11:27 PM) Reply
Xtreme1, the bindings on my tops are done using a binder attachment. I have more details on my blog here if you are interested. However Jalie provide good instructions for those without a coverstitch machine.
xtreme1 said... (8/21/07 10:49 PM) Reply
Belinda, the sewing is perfection! If I knew I could get a single top to be finished like this I would make lots too. What part does this "coverstitch machine" play in the binding process? They are simple tops but just so well stitched and I've just noticed I'm turning green. Beautiful workmanship.
ginaT said... (8/21/07 10:46 PM) Reply
Just lovely Belinda :) Another name for singlet here (England) is a vest and a vest in the US would be a waistcoat to us. I can think of a few 'other same but different name' for items of clothing. A fun thread for us International sewers me thinks :~)
Nancywin said... (8/21/07 9:55 PM) Reply
Your bindings look great! Nice camisoles.

by: Sheseams