Pattern Reviews> Petite Plus Patterns> 601 (Flat Front Pant)

Reviewed by:cecelia

About ceceliastar
CT USA
Member since: 5/4/06
Posted on:8/22/07 12:38 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Petite

See other patterns in this category: Pants    Plus

spratley said... (1/15/08 11:28 AM) Reply
I'm a 12 - 14, but on the short side and with a bit of a tummy, and I just love this pattern. I do the zip back, side elastic, and have had to do some alterations to offset a flat rear, slim the legs a bit, and grade down to a 12. I love Kathleen's patterns! Have done these in a number of fabrics, but as cecelia says, denim is made for jeans!!
o3b said... (11/15/07 3:58 AM) Reply
I have been hesitant to try the pants patterns as I could not get a clear view from the ones on the PPP site. Despite needing a bit of tweaking, these look very flattering on you. I'll have to rethink this and might purchase the pattern after seeing your review. I have the same back wrinkle problem.
cecelia said... (9/16/07 9:25 AM) Reply
Slippers--seems I can't PM you, so in short, here are some suggestions: 1) I'd strongly suggest to make this up in a cheap woven fabric first without the pockets to see how it fits you--remember that the SA's are 3/8"; 2) you could try this in a "stretch" woven, and I think it would probably fit you fine; 3) you could add to the seam allowances just for extra insurance; 4) I think I'd either go for her pattern with the side elastic or full elastic--not sure how adapting it will work out, but I'd use the size 22 as you plan. This is a very slimming pattern--I love it. Feel free to PM me and let me know how I can reach you if you need more help!
cecelia said... (9/16/07 9:11 AM) Reply
Slippers--I do have some ideas--I'll PM you!
Slippers said... (9/14/07 6:08 PM) Reply
Great review. I'm just starting this pattern and am going to make it elastic waisted except for the front between the center-most darts, which I'll do flat. I'm 50 inches which is right between size 20 and 22 so chose 22 (51 inch tummy measurement). When I measured the tummy area (my biggest area) I find there is only 1 3/4 inch ease. That doesn't sound like enough ease. Any thoughts for me? Thanks.
nimble said... (8/25/07 6:28 PM) Reply
Excellent fit! These look great and I have been looking into this pattern co., so thanks for the review!
cecelia said... (8/23/07 3:08 PM) Reply
Moss, I love to cook too, spaghetti/meatballs tonight--come on over, teehee.
Doris Stewart said... (8/23/07 1:08 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I have this pattern waiting for me to make up - need more time . . .
moss said... (8/23/07 8:48 AM) Reply
Those are really sharp looking pants! And I see you have a lot of cookbooks there.. what time should I be there for dinner?? ;)
bell N said... (8/23/07 8:45 AM) Reply
Thank you. I like your pants. I thought I would try these in a solid knit without the zipper.
cecelia said... (8/23/07 6:38 AM) Reply
Bell, these can also be made as total elastic band pants without a zipper. You just need to add the desired width of elastic plus seam line allowance at the top of the pattern front/backs.
bell N said... (8/22/07 4:25 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and didn't realize it had a back zipper. Do you think there is any way to get around using the zipper.
mad4sewing said... (8/22/07 1:04 PM) Reply
Love the fabric. Very nice.

Sewing Workshop Icon Shirt