Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5111 (Vintage 1940's Sailor Outfit)

Reviewed by:CA Eisenhour

About CA Eisenhourstarstar
FL USA
Member since: 7/22/06
Posted on:8/28/07 11:57 PM
Last Updated:8/29/07 1:11 AM

CharityAK said... (3/7/08 6:52 PM) Reply
Well isn't this the cutest thing ever? I LOVE sailor looks for children. Too precious.
BrightFeather said... (3/7/08 6:35 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! And I'd like a copy of the pattern, too. I've been searching for a good pattern for this type of outfit and haven't found any I like so well as this. :) Make two tops, the skirt, and a little pair of white shorts with cuffs, and you have matching outfits for fraternal twins! (And I've found a pattern for a pair of little boy's shorts with suspenders from the same era! If I lengthen them a bit and make cuffs on the bottom...) Is the offer to trace the pattern still open? I'd love to make one for my niece and one for my nephew!
Elle D said... (10/2/07 12:55 PM) Reply
Elle D said... (10/2/07 12:49 PM) Reply
Just perfect. Not many things make me want to have another child, but this would be close. Maybe I could make one for when my daughter, now 14, has her own daughter. Just went to your website, it is beyond words. I particularly love your Plush Snow Leopard Faux Fur Coat, Hat and Leggings. That would look incredible on any little girl, instant diva. Kudos to you.
Jerry P said... (9/3/07 0:36 AM) Reply
very nice - you are very talented. Thank you for sharing your work with us.
CA Eisenhour said... (9/1/07 11:41 PM) Reply
Thank you so very much ladies for the lovely compliments! This outfit was a wonderful nostalgic project. And for those who asked for a copy I will get it to you ASAP!
janella said... (8/31/07 6:06 PM) Reply
cute cute cute... so gorgeous...
cmarie12 said... (8/31/07 11:54 AM) Reply
This outfit is so freakin' adorable! What a beautiful, beautiful skirt and top!
loridiane said... (8/30/07 5:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful job, I love the red and white!
Levone said... (8/30/07 11:04 AM) Reply
Gorgeous outfit!
pterion said... (8/30/07 0:17 AM) Reply
What a darling little outfit! Absolutely perfect.
Squeezylemon said... (8/29/07 7:00 PM) Reply
Mouthwateringly gorgeous outfit! Is there a little girl alive who wouldn't love to wear this????!!! Fantastic job well done!
Frosty772 said... (8/29/07 4:24 PM) Reply
This outfit makes me wish I had a little girl. All boys and none forthcoming. This is a beautiful outfit and some lucky little girl is going to look absolutely darling in this!! I bet your going to have people fighting over this one !!
Tiner W said... (8/29/07 4:00 PM) Reply
How absolutely darling!
Englebert said... (8/29/07 2:43 PM) Reply
I *love* this!!
mendospot said... (8/29/07 1:27 PM) Reply
I love sailor outfits. Very sweet.
MelissaB in WA said... (8/29/07 10:10 AM) Reply
I've always loved sailor outfits for little boys and girls, yours is just too cute for words Connie! Bravo to you!!! :-)
cathy45 said... (8/29/07 9:49 AM) Reply
This is just too, too cute!
Kellie R. said... (8/29/07 8:38 AM) Reply
Very Cute dress! It turned out just perfect!
busy91 said... (8/29/07 8:20 AM) Reply
That is so cute. Even the color is like the envelope!!
MissCelie said... (8/29/07 8:04 AM) Reply
That is just about the best little outfit I have ever seen.
cindy-lou said... (8/29/07 6:47 AM) Reply
So cute! It saddens me that your own DGD grew too fast for this one... but you'll make a mint on it! :)
Heatherrique said... (8/29/07 5:29 AM) Reply
Ah! I am in awe! Such a beautiful outfit! I definitely would like a copy, please!
mary said... (8/29/07 5:26 AM) Reply
oh wow ! that is so adorable !
Braemar said... (8/29/07 3:42 AM) Reply
This is just wonderful! Oh, how I would love to make it for my 2 yr old DGD but not sure that mummy would appreciate it! It saddens me that she is always in jeans and trousers!! Thank you for sharing this! Mary Anne
khrome said... (8/29/07 3:11 AM) Reply
That is adorable!!! They don't make kids clothes like they used to. I wish they did!
morzel said... (8/29/07 2:49 AM) Reply
Now this is HOT! Great outfit! And it is so completley vintage, as there are no (scratchy) sailorsuits out there anymore... Good job!
Patzee said... (8/29/07 1:17 AM) Reply
This is so beautiful! I remember sailer girl blouses -- I even had one. But a whole outfit? Too cute.
mrsanniep said... (8/29/07 0:22 AM) Reply
That is adorable and precious!

Ottobre Design Magazine 06-2007-30