Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias
J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt
You'll learn :
  • 5 Different Bias Hemming Techniques
  • Working with a variety of fabrics
  • Matching stripes
  • Lining a bias skirt
  • Inserting a ripple free zipper
  • All with the help of HD video which you can play over and over again as many times as you want. Blog Announcements with more photos ">Put it on the Bias Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> wk_coss (Chilled Out Sweat Suit)

Reviewed by:Lorna C. Newman

About Lorna C. Newmanstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 8/10/02
Posted on:9/1/07 6:03 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Mrs.Moos said... (9/21/07 2:20 AM) Reply
Lorna, me n' you must be related because we have the same backside! I think those pants would look fine if you lowered the L a little and go for the narrower elastic waist. I even have a apir of RTW that have a stretchy drawstring-no elastic in the wide casing and I think they look fine. Have you tried the top pattern yet? I am thinking that may make a cute yet comfy outfit. Thanks for reviewing this pattern!
Lorna C. Newman said... (9/2/07 11:08 AM) Reply
Only at a place like PR would people be comfortable posting photos and reviews about clothes only fit for the home!
fuzzygalore said... (9/2/07 9:57 AM) Reply
Yes, definitely lose the wide elastic! And absolutely dart out handfuls of fabric from that upper thigh too. And maybe a bit more ease in the hips? I'm sure those are wearables because knits accomodate almost anything, but that back view needs help before you use it for anything but vacuuming in private :-).
lmg said... (9/1/07 11:30 PM) Reply
Lorna, I love a wider elastic myself and I have a small waist to hip ratio. I would love to see a front view too, maybe on the next pair?
Lorna C. Newman said... (9/1/07 10:30 PM) Reply
That is a great idea, Phyllis! I think I might try that on the next pair ...
JeanM said... (9/1/07 9:12 PM) Reply
I used a simplicity pattern that called for the wider elastic and I think it sits o.k. (although I haven't stress tested it for a whole day yet, still too hot in Virginia for these pants at the school where I work) - I have a similar hip to waist curve.
PhyllisC said... (9/1/07 8:23 PM) Reply
Thanks Lorna - I had forgotten about this Fab HotPattern! I have a pair of similiar yoga pants from Costco - yes I buy clothes there :oP and they have a 2 inch wide elastic that is sewn to the fashion fabric on the foldover side that goes against the body - works great, doesn't shift.

Understanding Sheer Fabrics