Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5050 (Tops and Tunics)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:9/1/07 12:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
zelia said... (1/3/08 2:01 PM) Reply
I love the print, and I think the blouse looks very nice on you with and without the belt.
Helen near Sydney said... (9/2/07 5:45 AM) Reply
I love that fabric, it gives your skin a glow. I would like to see it with a hipster belt, I think you could carry it off.
Heatherrique said... (9/1/07 8:32 PM) Reply
Thanks Learn to Sew, I really appreciate your input! You did not burst my bubble (in fact, you expanded my sewing bubble!). We're here to learn from each other and not to take things personally, especially if it relates to getting better at a skill. Cheers!
U. Chicago said... (9/1/07 8:32 PM) Reply
I don't know, I kind of like the belt. Maybe put it a little higher or make it a bit wider to discourage billowing? The fabric looks great on you. I'm a sucker for the poly at Joann's myself!
Learn To Sew said... (9/1/07 8:11 PM) Reply
It is a pretty fabric. The shine on it catches the light. I agree that you need a different style, as you omitted the elastic empire waist and now it has no shape on you. I don't care for the belt. I think you would have been better without a belt, and chose instead to add verticle darts. That would have given you some shaping. I hope I did not burst your bubble. When I do a review, I want honest feedback, so I can learn and get better. This is what I gave you. Friends?

by: aleah42