Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2977 (Sandra Betzina Today's Fit)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:9/3/07 1:34 AM
Last Updated:9/3/07 1:49 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 18 people

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Roxxygrl said... (5/2/08 10:39 PM) Reply
It's a very interesting style and it works well on you. I have the pattern and have only considered the top, but I see the skirt has potential to work equally as well.
moushka said... (3/17/08 4:50 PM) Reply
Ann, this looks so fantastic on you, unbelievably flattering, as the pattern seems to me to have all the ingredients for an unflattering outfit: dolman sleeves, ruching (i.e., bulk) around the stomach, indeterminate length. I'm not sure if it's your nice figure and superior sewing skills, or if I'm just plain wrong about the style, but if I thought it would look as good on my nearly-sixty-ish, size G body, I'd run right out and purchase it! I do love all your reviews. Your wardrobe is one of the most stylish I've ever seen. You may have convinced me to try this pattern after all :-) Sue
gatorgirl4325 said... (9/4/07 11:29 AM) Reply
I agree that this dress looks fabulous on you! You really made that pattern work for you.
pterion said... (9/4/07 10:13 AM) Reply
Stunning outfit, so much more attractive than the pattern pictures!
Grammy Gin said... (9/4/07 8:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful, Ann. I thought that ruching would hide the tummy, glad it did as I got a dress pattern with that design. You always put the perfect outfit together!
Kellie R. said... (9/4/07 8:07 AM) Reply
You sure don't look like Robin Hood! That dress looks fantastic on you - everything from the color to the style to the fit! You will have a great time wearing such a fun dress - I agree, the waistline really flatters!
Danvillegirl said... (9/4/07 5:27 AM) Reply
This looks much nicer made up than the pattern would have you believe. Great job.
MissCelie said... (9/3/07 9:34 PM) Reply
Beauuuuutiful
Sharon M said... (9/3/07 4:48 PM) Reply
I hated this pattern when I saw it but this looks great on you. As usual, your fabric choice is wonderful. I just finished a dress with the midriff ruching and was also pleasantly surprised at how slenderizing it was
Sadlesor said... (9/3/07 3:36 PM) Reply
As always you have created another very cute garment.
frame said... (9/3/07 2:33 PM) Reply
This is just lovely. You saw in this pattern what others could not (including myself). Beautiful job.
cecelia said... (9/3/07 1:34 PM) Reply
Ann, this is beautiful on you--I never would've thought it was the "elf" pattern as some people have described it. The fabric you chose fits this outfit nicely.
DorothyK said... (9/3/07 1:20 PM) Reply
I love this. I have the pattern also and am inspired to make it. Your fabric was a great choice.
Diane E said... (9/3/07 12:47 PM) Reply
Ann, I love what you've done with this pattern. It looks great on and you look wonderful in it!
cathy45 said... (9/3/07 11:57 AM) Reply
Ann, this is beautiful. I would never have seen this in that pattern. Kudos to your creativity.
lmg said... (9/3/07 9:14 AM) Reply
MUCH better than the pattern photo. Bravo.
carolynw said... (9/3/07 9:06 AM) Reply
Looks really wonderful Ann - love the fabric and yoru shoes seem to match just so
2BSewing said... (9/3/07 8:13 AM) Reply
This looks wonderful on you. Nice fabric.
ButtonFaith said... (9/3/07 7:31 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the review! The fabric is the perfect choice for the design! Great job!
jlg said... (9/3/07 5:55 AM) Reply
This is beautiful on you. I love the color.
Annette H said... (9/3/07 5:54 AM) Reply
Gorgeous.
CarolynGM said... (9/3/07 4:43 AM) Reply
The style is very flattering on you. You're right-- the shirred waist treatment is quite slenderizing.
SillyValley said... (9/3/07 4:38 AM) Reply
I love your fabric! I agree that the outfit is better on a person than in the line drawing. I know the pattern photo also has a model but the whole outfit is in black - can't make heads or tails of the design. Nice job!
motomoda said... (9/3/07 2:46 AM) Reply
I passed this pattern by as I thought it looked a bit weird but your treatment looks wonderful and not at all Sherwood forest garb (though you would make a good Maid Marian :)) Love the matching shoes and beads too!
hongkongshopper said... (9/3/07 1:41 AM) Reply
this outfit really is you! (i'm the tailored jacket kinda girl). It looks wonderful. Great marriage of style and fabric. Nice match with the shoes too ;)

by: velosewer

You Sew Girl Evening Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl Evening Bag Pattern

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)