Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2005 (Choice of T-shirts)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02

Hall of Fame 2007
Posted on:3/5/03 11:43 PM
Last Updated:3/8/03 10:25 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Meredith P said... (6/23/03 5:30 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the great reviews of Jalie 2005. Had never heard of them. Diane, your review seems to have the most recent comments, so I'll ask: do the Jalie patterns give fabric suggestions? Such as what type of knit is recommended? I ordered this pattern yesterday, and was curious if there's a certain about of stretch specified. Your top is beautiful--the color is great on you!
Deepika said... (3/8/03 11:29 PM) Reply
No Diane, currently there is no way of doing that. But it's a good candidate for the Request new features for PR.com thread on the Message boards. Can you enter it please and I'll add this feature when time permits. Love your top by the way!
Diane E said... (3/8/03 10:26 PM) Reply
Thanks, Barbara. I'm wearing the tee now and it is very comfortable. I just fixed a goof-up and have a question I'll ask Deepika - is there any way to edit the review without shooting it back to the top of the list?
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (3/8/03 10:06 PM) Reply
Diane, your tee looks so cute and is obviously comfortable. Comfort and style together - you've nailed it! Great job!
Diane E said... (3/7/03 7:08 PM) Reply
Hi Mary, thanks for the typo heads-up and Jules, thanks for the correction. I just updated the review to fix this.
Jules/Vancouver BC said... (3/7/03 1:41 AM) Reply
Mary, the Jalie patterns contain multiple sizes, up to 32 sizes per pattern - basically from toddler to plus sized. This one has 24 sizes - up to a 47 5/8" bust - size 26/Euro 52. I think Euro 32 was a typo.
Mbarkle said... (3/7/03 0:43 AM) Reply
Diane, does the pattern only go up to 32? Confused, since you said you made size 36. What is the largest size? The top looks fantastic.
Rhonda Noah said... (3/6/03 7:34 PM) Reply
That tee looks terrific! I have another cut out and fabric for more - from Timmel Fabrics of course! I plan to trace the pattern to sew up some summer tees for my 3 YO and 2 YO nieces as well. You can't beat the sizing versatility in this pattern, or the fit.
Dale C said... (3/6/03 2:39 PM) Reply
Oooo! your teee came out lovely too! Boy, you really can't beat those Jalie t-shirt patterns can you? I love mine. Am going to extend the sleeves to make some long sleeve shirts for my daughter's trip. Of course, I bought a little bit extra fabric for me too. :)
Diane E said... (3/6/03 11:51 AM) Reply
Good morning and thanks for all the encouraging comments. Karla, I have you to thank for my first heads-up on these patterns. Great recommendation! Alex, yes, this is the French Blue Interlock from Timmel. It was Hellenne who noticed the Timmel weekly special awhile ago, which included choice of fabric and the Jalie pattern. I think it's a great combination. I wish my photos did the color justice!
alex said... (3/6/03 11:42 AM) Reply
That t-shirt is SO attractive on you! I'm very happy to see this review because this pattern is on its way to me from Timmel as I write this, LOL. I, too, look for nicer ways to dress for the "mom" job. Is that the French Blue Interlock?
Karla Kizer said... (3/6/03 7:57 AM) Reply
"Mom" looks great in this tee. I've had success with Jalie knit shirts, too. Glad you finally tried that pattern, Diane. I think Jalie shirt patterns are real gems.
CatherineN said... (3/6/03 3:58 AM) Reply
You've made a great shirt for yourself.
artistwhosews said... (3/6/03 0:52 AM) Reply
I made the boatneck one, and when DH saw me in my "wearable muslin" he thought I lost a lot of weight! Love this pattern!
Debbie Spriggs said... (3/6/03 0:34 AM) Reply
Great Tee! I love the v neck and 3/4 sleeves. very stylish. If I can get one pattern that looks this nice and sew for my 9 and 15 yr old daughters and myself, this pattern is a must-have. Thank you!
Pam Z said... (3/6/03 0:26 AM) Reply
Your tee looks very nice on you! Great fit.
Elona said... (3/6/03 0:20 AM) Reply
That is soooo cute! It really is.
SouthernStitch said... (3/6/03 0:08 AM) Reply
Now that is a new one on me - sewing myself and dd from the SAME PATTERN!! I may just have to try this! Thanks for the excellent review, Diane.
Lori V said... (3/6/03 0:02 AM) Reply
very cute t-shirt Diane - love the way it looks. A special treat for "mom"

Sew Sweet Elizabeth Pleated Dress