Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5471 (Princess Seam Shirt)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
AL
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:9/4/07 1:15 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
christinawo said... (9/21/07 12:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I just bought this pattern and I'm going to dive in and make it!
RedGarnet said... (9/15/07 7:44 PM) Reply
Erica, Thanks so much for your review of this pattern by McCall's. I recently got this one myself and I was wondering how it would turn out. Yours is very nice and I hope mine will thrill me as much as yours did you. Happy Sewing, RedGarnet
MelissaB in WA said... (9/11/07 8:15 PM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse Erica - those sleeves are totally HOT!
cathy45 said... (9/5/07 9:16 AM) Reply
I keep looking at this pattern, but after seeing yours it's now a must buy.
Grammy Gin said... (9/5/07 8:57 AM) Reply
Great blouse, looks just like the $$$ RTW one. Your work is so precise, wish I could get half that good at sewing. Thanks for the detailed review.
Huldra said... (9/5/07 7:51 AM) Reply
I didn't know that this pattern came with different cup sizes. Thank you for telling me, I've had my eyes on this pattern for a while. Beautiful blouse!
Tany said... (9/5/07 3:26 AM) Reply
Wonderful, as everything that comes out of your sewing room!! Thanks for a very helpful review!
Karen6790 said... (9/4/07 11:27 PM) Reply
I can completely see why you'd want to reproduce that BCBG blouse, and you did a great job. Love the sleeves, and the fit is perfect for you.
ELizabeth_Atl said... (9/4/07 10:18 PM) Reply
Well done!
EveS said... (9/4/07 10:16 PM) Reply
Yes, I considered this pattern too, dang it! Erica, could you please put these fantastic reviews BEFORE the sales are over? heehee! This is a gorgeous, yet highly functional shirt...great job as always!!
Bonnie O said... (9/4/07 9:43 PM) Reply
Cute! You're so right that it's so much better than a basic blouse. I have this pattern AND fabric to make it - would make a perfect fall blouse.
KathySews said... (9/4/07 8:39 PM) Reply
So pretty. This pattern is now on my list as well.
Mahogany Stylist said... (9/4/07 3:25 PM) Reply
I love your shirt. Your work is beautiful.
Linda G said... (9/4/07 1:08 PM) Reply
Your shirt is beautiful... you are right it seems everyone needs a white blouse this fall.
krawz said... (9/4/07 1:00 PM) Reply
It looks fantastic - I especially like the fabric you used here. It looks like you did french seams. Beautiful!
Levone said... (9/4/07 9:36 AM) Reply
I love your shirt! The sleeves are not my normal style, but you're right, I'm seeing this in all of the magazines for Fall. Great job as usual.
Kellie R. said... (9/4/07 9:16 AM) Reply
Everything you make is fantastic! Add this stylish blouse to the list!
Nancy K said... (9/4/07 8:47 AM) Reply
This is terrific, thanks for the review and the combination ideas. I too find that the princess fits the best. I am a DD cup however, but one cup could be added just at the seam line. I am going out to purchase these patterns!
mochalover said... (9/4/07 8:27 AM) Reply
Erica this is a beautiful blouse. I hate I just saw your review this morining, I could have gotten this pattern at JoAnns for a $1.99 this weekend. Oh well I'll just have to wait until the next sale. Again, your blouse is perfect!
2BSewing said... (9/4/07 8:16 AM) Reply
Gorgeous shirt! Love the sleeves.
cindyann said... (9/4/07 7:58 AM) Reply
Just lovely, Erica. Your collar looks amazing.
MissCelie said... (9/4/07 7:20 AM) Reply
Erica, this blouse (like everything you touch) looks like it came from a high end boutique. The blouse is beautiful and I would get it just to have the sleeve detail. Wonderful.
Lori V said... (9/4/07 7:05 AM) Reply
Great blouse, Erica. I love the sleeves and collar.
hongkongshopper said... (9/4/07 3:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful as usual!
Kitty Couture said... (9/4/07 2:21 AM) Reply
It is absolutely gorgeous, Erica! You did a fantastic job of recreating the Max Azria blouse. That pattern is definitely making it to my want-it list now!
Vonnevo said... (9/4/07 2:05 AM) Reply
Fabulous shirt, great work Erica !
Sew4Fun said... (9/4/07 1:53 AM) Reply
Nice shirt. Thanks for the cup size info. I didn't realise this pattern had the different cup sizes included.
sewsewboy said... (9/4/07 1:48 AM) Reply
Your shirt is impeccably made, as always. You do amazing work. Would love to see you make this same shirt in an iridescent silk taffeta, perhaps in a bronzey metallic, but with the long ruffled edge cuffs. That would make a very couture shirt. Pure drama. If anyone could do it, I place bets on you. Keep up the fabulous sewing.
Nancywin said... (9/4/07 1:44 AM) Reply
beautiful blouse! Now why couldn't you have written this review while the McCalls patterns were still on sale this weekend?
Christina Sonja said... (9/4/07 1:35 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse. I really want to do a blosue that's all about the sleeves, and this looks like a great pattern.
didda said... (9/4/07 1:32 AM) Reply
very nice! (as usual) i keep looking at this pattern but i haven't bought it yet. after your review, i will probably buy it next time it is on sale. i have made M4922 twice already. btw, i prefer princess seams as opposed to darts for a nice fitted blouse or dress. it seems to me that they are so much easier.

Colette Patterns Taffy

by: rosiewedne...

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Favorite Things The Frayed Jacket Pattern