Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4079 (easy-to-sew)

Reviewed by:loohoo44

About loohoo44star
Member since: 2/25/07
Posted on:9/16/07 7:16 PM
Last Updated:9/16/07 7:18 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
LizzM26 said... (9/16/08 7:45 PM) Reply
It sounds like hard work but the final result is very good! I have this pattern and your review was very good and with all the details. I really like your vest!
Mis-Stitch said... (10/9/07 6:38 PM) Reply
I really like this vest, I had this pattern for a while and I saw a similar vest at Torrid and I was not about to pay $44.00 thanks for the review!!!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (10/8/07 3:28 PM) Reply
Wow!! You're the very best example of a TEACHABLE spirit!! Got "out front", asked for advice, learned, tried, succeeded!! Great!! Enjoy your cute vest & the compliments you receive!
Laurie Lou said... (9/18/07 11:11 AM) Reply
Thanks for the added info on turning inside out. I still can not figurer out that puzzler. Now I have added info on the trick.
Tom P said... (9/17/07 6:02 PM) Reply
Looks great. You can understitch by hand now, if the lining rolling is bothering you. Using a hand needle with single thread, stitch the lining to the seam allowances, making sure not to catch the outer fabric. It's a pain, but doable. Also, pressing with a lot of steam and using a clapper would help.
loohoo44 said... (9/17/07 2:30 PM) Reply
Hmm, I will have to think about the understitching, didn't even cross my mind since it wasn't in the instructions. Thank you everyone for your nice comments and suggestions!
MissCelie said... (9/17/07 2:22 PM) Reply
Thank you for an excellent review. The vest looks really good too.
Irene Q said... (9/17/07 10:43 AM) Reply
Very nice vest - great job!
Sewliz said... (9/17/07 8:13 AM) Reply
Cute! It fits beautifully. I like the way you are wearing it with the tank underneath. Makes me want one.
ELizabeth_Atl said... (9/17/07 7:20 AM) Reply
Looks perfect to me. And thanks for the review. I have been looking for a vest pattern for fall. Great job on your project!
KathleenS said... (9/17/07 6:44 AM) Reply
It looks great! You got a really good fit. Did you understitch the lining? That would help keep it inside.
tweedcurtain said... (9/16/07 11:24 PM) Reply
Congrats on your first review! Well done and cute vest!
bunz said... (9/16/07 10:47 PM) Reply
Turned out beautifully:-)
Sic said... (9/16/07 7:43 PM) Reply
Nice work! Very professional looking! This pattern is on my to do list for the fall, so I really appreciate your detailed review and photos!
AnneM said... (9/16/07 7:38 PM) Reply
Congratulations! Great to see the finished product. It's very cute, and definitely someone that you can dress up or down.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2011-101