Burda 7018 - Denim Jacket.">Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8300 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:cleverkitty

About cleverkittystarstarstar
OH United States
Member since: 8/22/07
Posted on:9/19/07 1:00 PM
Last Updated:10/20/07 11:21 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
marjenann said... (10/21/07 8:39 AM) Reply
Wonderful fall jacket!!!
Linda G said... (10/21/07 7:38 AM) Reply
Very cute jacket. YOur right I don't think you can buy those type of buttons off the shelf anymore. I have looked and looked.
CynthiaSue said... (10/20/07 11:27 PM) Reply
beautiful color!
cleverkitty said... (9/20/07 11:37 PM) Reply
Hi staging lady, it was just like making a blouse, darts, sleeves, collar, facings and buttonholes. the wool was a dream to work with. The collar you need to take your time and sew slow around to keep it's uniform shape this would be a time at use many pins. thanks for writting!
cleverkitty said... (9/20/07 11:31 PM) Reply
Hi fuzzygalore, thanks for the advice, I do know all about the slick lining effect. The wool fabric I used is a plaid flannel, very thin like cotton and happen to match the blue wool really great. It has red and royal blue color ways in it. I had several yards and wanted to use it up. I could have interlined it and used the two pieces as one also. The great thing about sewing/design is there are no rules. Chances are I will ware a t-shirt under the coat I'm usually always too warm... LOL
staging lady said... (9/20/07 3:34 PM) Reply
Looks fabulous! Was it tricky? Staging lady
Grammy Gin said... (9/20/07 9:23 AM) Reply
Good looking jacket - I love the color. It is very flattering.
BillieJean said... (9/20/07 5:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful color on you and lovely jacket. Congratulations on your first review.
fuzzygalore said... (9/20/07 3:53 AM) Reply
Mmm. why line with wool? The point of lining is to provide a slick inside so your coat goes on without a struggle with whatever is underneath, and stays put without creeping up as you move in it. Do you always wear silk blouses :-)? If you merely want more warmth, you can interline with something like flannel, or use some special lining that's fleeced on the inside but still slick on the outside (your side). Apart from that, it looks really good on you, and you did a fantastic job with the buttons :-).
Annette1 said... (9/19/07 6:49 PM) Reply
Very pretty! And I don't think you need to worry about the solid color. I see nary a mistake. :o) I'm with you on the lining, too. The only time I MIGHT not line a jacket is in the summertime, and even then I really have to force myself. Beautiful jacket!
Sic said... (9/19/07 4:46 PM) Reply
What a nicely constructed jacket! Very stylish!
cleverkitty said... (9/19/07 2:00 PM) Reply

cleverkitty said... (9/19/07 1:56 PM) Reply
no I just cut out the pattern pieces twice (except for the collar of course) made everything twice: darts, sleeves and cut off the facing of the lining so I can join the lining and the inside facing of the coat fabric together. If you follow directions for a coat with a lining you can apply it to any pattern.
marjenann said... (9/19/07 1:52 PM) Reply
I love your jacket in wool. I made this pattern my for my daughter in beige linen for spring and she adores it!! Great wardrobe builder!! Looks wonderful on you!
Soliel said... (9/19/07 1:25 PM) Reply
Very adorable. I like it on you better than the illustrations.
michellep74 said... (9/19/07 1:17 PM) Reply
Nice jacket--I love the buttons! I just received this pattern from the Vogue free pattern promo and will be making it soon. Glad to hear that it doesn't require much tweaking!
mlsews said... (9/19/07 1:12 PM) Reply
very cute style and color. Was it difficult to add the lining?

All About Linings